Close

Need help telling what kinda turbo this is

i need help tellin what kind of turbo this it was handed down threw a couple of ppl that jus dream about building cars the last person that had it told me it was a t3t4 i just want to make sure and what will i need to get this turbo going i know i am goin to need the oil feed and return lines, intercooler kit, exhaust mainfold, bov, wg, injectors i was thinking to get 750cc i plan on using my stock a3 motor any suggestion or missing anything please let me kno.[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG][IMG]Photobucket[/IMG][IMG][IMG]Photobucket[/IMG][/IMG]

What a peculiar place for a wastegate flange. I wouldn't think a wastegate would fit at that location on our cars. You'll most likely need a block-off plate. Also, the welding around that flange looks weird. Like some sort of copper JB Weld stuff. Is that just the lighting?

It's made by Turbonetics. That's their mark on the compressor side.

it is welded there i was thinking of just putting a plate there i seen on most ep kits the waste gate flange is on the header i did find another pic on google where it had allmost the same look but where they they put the L fittin on this one it looked alot smaller in the picture

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by groovezog View Post
    What a peculiar place for a wastegate flange. I wouldn't think a wastegate would fit at that location on our cars. You'll most likely need a block-off plate. Also, the welding around that flange looks weird. Like some sort of copper JB Weld stuff. Is that just the lighting?

It's made by Turbonetics. That's their mark on the compressor side.
    Its pretty common to have a wastgate on the turbine housing. It provides more flow then internal and its better than redisigning the manifold. works pretty good IMO.

Its been brazed

Looks to be about a T3 super 60. If your inclined, pull the compressor housing off and measure the inner and outter compressor diameters and I will tell you what trim it is and get you a map of it.
    Last edited by cukali; 05-03-2010 at 01:29 PM.

how would i measure it jus better off taking it to machine shop or something

Quote Originally Posted by cukali View Post
    Its pretty common to have a wastgate on the turbine housing. It provides more flow then internal and its better than redisigning the manifold. works pretty good IMO.
    I bet it does work good, just not sure on an EP. I don't think the wastegate would fit between the engine and firewall with a log manifold, or with a sidewinder manifold I think the wastegate would be pointing straight up.

Thread Information