Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evans e-tunning

ephatch member
    The price is pretty good. But that last review^^^^, made me feel a little uneasy. I don't like the fact that he "responds usually on the same day...". That is why I liked working with Mike(elitetuning), he would schedule an appointment for that day or the next whichever was convenient for you and devote time to you. I know that Jeff has a full-time shop gig, but I would hate to have to take 2-3 days to tune just one cam angle. Though I know everyone believes that you can't tell how much power you are putting down on the street, I think you would be surprised at what his program can do. No joke, I finished my tuning on the dyno and would send him my datalogs, he would send me back a graph of the power and torque, the shop owner whose dyno I was on could not believe that Mike had it so dialed in that it was within +/-1hp every single run.

Either way, there is no substitute for dyno tuning, but ultimately no substitute for professional tuning. Both Jeff and Mike can put together solid tunes over the net.

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    i said usually the same day because if i send him my logs after 10pm i usually didnt get the log untill noonish the next day. it say from payment to final log sent to him was about 5 days

gonna be doing this monday, cant wait

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    i said usually the same day because if i send him my logs after 10pm i usually didnt get the log untill noonish the next day. it say from payment to final log sent to him was about 5 days
    well, that sounds a lot better, haha. I need a tune, but don't want Magnesium on clubrsx, unfortunately money is tight and if I had an extra $300 I would definitely have Mike tune me again, but Evans right now is more affordable. I need to see some dyno's of people e-tuned by Jeff before I could decide to go with him.

just finished up my e tune with Jeff today, i have to say i am very impressed and so glad i went with him. Now he is only 2.5 hours away but due my busy school/work schedule i didnt have the time or money to go out there as much as i wanted too. The tuners around here suck and i know jeff is good. Definitely worth it by far for only $200. Took about 1 week to get it all done and it included 6 datalogs sent back and forth. Car is so smooth and pulls hard!!! I could not be happier!!!

would this be worth it or should I just get tuned @ church auto with Daniel? It's $300 flat rate for KPRO. That means unlimited hours until the car is running 100%. Going to run RBC/RH/I/E. There's no base tunes for even just rh/i/e on Kmanager.
    Last edited by 02TWSI; 10-06-2010 at 12:04 AM.

2002 EP & 2013 FB - K24 all day! SinisterCivicSi's Avatar
    Jeff i need a retune! you did my k24 swapped ep back in june 08 - golan (the white evo) brought her to you...

i have bigger injectors now - my 270's burned up, and i have a different exhaust setup... so maybe you can work out some bugs i have...

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02TWSI View Post
    would this be worth it or should I just get tuned @ church auto with Daniel? It's $300 flat rate for KPRO. That means unlimited hours until the car is running 100%. Going to run RBC/RH/I/E. There's no base tunes for even just rh/i/e on Kmanager.
    I'm not doubting Jeff's abilities, but I wouldn't pass up a tune on a dyno for $300 by daniel at Church's. A street tune is good, a dyno tune is better. And when the cost difference is only $100 it should be an easy decision.
    Last edited by Deadphishy; 11-13-2008 at 09:46 PM.

true, guess i'll have to give daniel a call.

Bump. Going to be doing this real soon...... Anybody else since the last post tried it?

Quote Originally Posted by K20A EP3 View Post
    Bump. Going to be doing this real soon...... Anybody else since the last post tried it?
    I am working with him now on my tune. He emails back the tunes quick and I get the new tune either the same day or next day depending on how late I send him the datalogs. Jeff will get my business from now on.

Dyno tuning is the only way to get it perfect. You may get it closer to correct by emailing datalogs, but it takes a lot of runs to get it perfect.

I am currently getting an etune done. I'm on the 8th revision, it is time consuming but well worth it. My car has the greddy kit at 9psi, I definately feel the power. It's hard to get the tires to hook up in 2nd now. Mileage went up from 180 miles/fill up to 260. To me $200 for more power and MUCH better mpg is a no brainer. I would definately go back to Evan's. Also, he responds very quick. I send him logs around noon and I have a new .kal a few hours later.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information