Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ephatch member

Tires.. yes this again

Im having a tough time finding GOOD reviews for tires in the size I need.

Basically I am looking for size 205/50/16 - I want something that handles the wet as good as the dry, has a stiff sidewall, and will last 30k-40k miles. I do a lot of highway driving, but still want something that will corner well for spirited driving around town on occasion.

I am not looking for a summer tire or an autocross tire.

And preferably around $100 or less per tire.

Most summer tires are designed to handle rain as good if not better then your average all season... so my vote would be buy (insert random summer tire here)

ephatch member
    But they wont last as long.. I need something that will last longer than the 20k miles I got out of my pirelli pzero neros. What a joke...My last set lasted a little over 40k. These...20k.

I found some Falken FK 452's on Discount tire.. anyone have any imput to those?

1010tires, they list almost every tire for every size, they have a cool calculator too.

I have been rolling with hankook evos v12. 50 mir. I have size 215/45/17. They are better than the nexen 3000 i had and handle the Phoenix streets very well!

my faulken 512's 225x35x17 lasted like 10k miles rofl. But I also live in Arizona with 125 degree summers

so far my ecsta ast's ,205x50x16, are working very well. IMO they are still sporty enough for me for all-seasons

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    my faulken 512's 225x35x17 lasted like 10k miles rofl. But I also live in Arizona with 125 degree summers

so far my ecsta ast's ,205x50x16, are working very well. IMO they are still sporty enough for me for all-seasons
    How many miles do you have on those ast's?

tirerack has bfg gforce super sport a/s for $95 each. My cousin has them on his prelude and they've lasted him for a while. He seems to like them quite a bit.

slow & quiet again 4angrybadgers's Avatar
    The General Exclaim UHPs are pretty good for low-priced summer tires. I've put ~10k miles on my set so far (including a few passes down the 1/4-mile and a handful of fun road runs) and there's not much visible wear. I won't say they have the stiffest sidewalls around, but they're good enough for me, and they're in the ~$80/tire range.

Quote Originally Posted by 4angrybadgers View Post
    The General Exclaim UHPs are pretty good for low-priced summer tires. I've put ~10k miles on my set so far (including a few passes down the 1/4-mile and a handful of fun road runs) and there's not much visible wear. I won't say they have the stiffest sidewalls around, but they're good enough for me, and they're in the ~$80/tire range.
    I work for discount tire, that is a HORRID tire. The only good thing about them is they handle fairly well in a wet condition...other then that, they are loud, and after they wear down after about 10,000 miles they get VERY loud. As you said, sidewall isn't that stiff, and from my personal experience the responsiveness is not all there.

To the op, checkout the general altimax hp and the goodyear eagle gt if you want a well rounded all season/sporty/performance tire.
    Last edited by Hondatuner87; 05-05-2010 at 09:06 AM.

check out the goodyear eagle GTs, they are excellent excellent tires that meet your requirements
    Last edited by bunk; 10-02-2008 at 08:29 AM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by hondatuner87 View Post
    to the op, checkout the general altimax hp and the goodyear eagle gt if you want a well rounded all season/sporty/performance tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by redsibaron View Post
    check out the goodyear eagle gts, they are excellent excellent tires that meet your requirements
    mhmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by El Mocha King View Post
    tirerack has bfg gforce super sport a/s for $95 each. My cousin has them on his prelude and they've lasted him for a while. He seems to like them quite a bit.
    I agree. I'm on a 2nd set of these tires already on my EP with 205/50/16. I've managed to put 40K miles on them. The dudes at America's Tires/Discount Tires were suprised.

goodyear eagle gt's. stop there. asymetrical all-season tire. lasts a while and handles well in almost any type of weather.

falken 452's and 512's will NOT last. I also work for Discount Tire Co./America's Tire Co. (see sig) trust me on this, these will not last to your expectations.

Hankook V12's are great tires but they also wil not last but hey HANDLE!

G-Force Sports are an ok option, i got 27k out of my last set of those.

General's are basically the same performance-wise as the g-forces but won't last as long.

for what YOU want out of the tire, pay the cash for the GT's, you will not be disappointed.

I've heard great reviews on the BFG gforce sport. Tonnes of sizes, fairly cheap, excellent wear rating....take a look.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

$88 a tire, not to shabby if you ask me.

Personally, I had the Falken 452. They were ok, stiff side wall, great response. Only lasted me 1.5 summers as the camber wear got to them. I'm now on Direzza Star Specs and they are pretty good so far, but it hasn't been hot long enough for the roads to be real warm, to get a good test outta them. But so far they are great, grip great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information