Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Would an RSX-S or CTR rear sway bar be better for me?

Sorry if it sounds like I didn't do a search but I've been following the posts on each very closely. The only problem is that people have been installing either one or the other and haven't had experience w/ both. Before I pick one, I am trying to get the one that is best for daily driving on stock and eventually aftermarket shocks/springs, tires, etc...

Will there be that much of a noticable difference between the two if I don't autocross, etc?

I'm also trying to avoid having to spend money on tie bars and stuff like that, so does that automatically rule out the CTR bar?

Thanks for the help!

You'll be just fine with the RSX bar, and you can get it cheap... the CTR one is pretty extreme.

Originally posted by BlasTech
    You'll be just fine with the RSX bar, and you can get it cheap... the CTR one is pretty extreme.
    Agreed, and easier to get.

Couldn't disagree more. How is 22mm extreme? In what way?

Your car will handle better w/ the 22mm versus the rsx-s 19mm

hands down. it doesn't effect daily driving whatsoever...doesn't make it ride harsh...it will just make your car handle better. Its a no-brainer imo

If he's not interested in autox/road racing, then it really doesn't make a difference which bar he gets IMO.

I am also trying to decide which bar to get so I don't yet have experience with either. But here is part of my thinking: the CTR bar is not very much more expensive at about $100 from Hondawerx on the vendor page right now or around $75 for an rsx-s bar at an Acura dealer from what I'm told (rsx bar can be real cheap if you buy one off an rsx guy who has an aftermarket bar and no use for his stock obviously). So cost is not as much of an issue as which is better for what you do.

The ctr 22mm will certainly mean more oversteer, but the rsx-s bar has to be significantly stiffer than our stock bar at 4mm larger and should net a very noticeable improvement without risk of going "over the top" if there is such a thing. Auto-x-ing might justify the bigger bar but on a daily driver, maybe not.

Also, and perhaps most importantly to me the rsx bar has got to weigh less than the fat ctr bar.

Haven't bought yet, but I am leaning toward the rsx bar b/c I can just drive down to the local Acura dealer for it, the weight thing, and I think it will be an adequate improvement in handling for me, hth.

I dont think you'd notice the benefits of the CTR bar without auto-xing... its very subtle in the daily driving...

But the CTR bar is relatively cheap, so if you think there's a chance you'd want it later, go ahead and get it now, so you dont have to buy twice...

Its not exactly dangerous for a daily driver...as long as you've gone to an open lot somewhere to figure out the new breakaway point, and have an idea of what it feels like to "lose the rear"...especially on stock tires.

clubrsx.com is a good place to look for RSX-S sway's, if you go that
    route. I got mine for $55 shipped and it was painted bling-bling red
    and had a Honda sticker. ;) It's fine for daily driving.

I'll probably upgrade to a CTR bar at a later date, but I'm kind of
    waiting on better endlinks and I at least want to test this bar with
    my springs that I have yet to install.

Wink

Blastech:
    I don't think its dangerous on a daily driver just that the larger bar isn't really justified if you never auto-x, basically the same thing you are saying about it.
    Last edited by f4hondaphile; 11-10-2003 at 03:56 PM.

Wink

I don't think its dangerous on a daily driver just that the larger bar isn't really justified if you never auto-x, basically the same thing you are saying about it.

well, he also should take into account how stiff his aftermarket springs will be. if he goes with a softer spring (i.e. stock), the stiffer CTR bar will put a lot of stress on the end links. but for daily driving and no auto-x, i guess the RSX-S sway will be sufficient.

RSX on a daily driver.

Well, since I do work at an Acura dealership ;) I went ahead and ordered an RSX-S bar and bushings. Total came to $63 I think, for the bar and the bushings.

In the future, the most I would do suspension wise would prob be a set of Tein SS coilovers (or something similar) and maybe a set of 17" wheels.

Since the RSX-S bar seems like the better "all around" unit, I think I'll pocket the extra $40 or so and use it towards something else, such as paying off my new G Tech Pro :D

Thanks again for the help all! :)
    Last edited by FCobra94; 11-10-2003 at 08:15 PM.

man, i dont understand the logic, except for the $$

You obviously want a sway bar, because you want your car to handle better

the ctr bar is what you want(ed)...

ephatch member
    22mm JDM CTR .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information