Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

thinking about a swop

i have a ep3 w/ k20a3. im looking into doing a a2 swop. will my stock mounts work and what parts will i need? will the tranny work since the ep3 has the dash mount stick or will my a3 tranny work? what parts will i need? thanks.

1how long have you had your ep3.
    2 are you lookin at a k24a2 or a k20a2
    3 all k20a's and k24a's can use the stock ep3 tranny. dont not go fukn with a k20z tranny more of a hassle.
    4 you need to figure out what motor you want k20a's and k24a's are different height.

ive had her for 4 months, im looking to go k20a2 for the high revs and the fun of a b18

whats the bennies of a k24? torque?

我愛Ep3 - AreaCode 510
    Quote Originally Posted by ep3monaco View Post
    whats the bennies of a k24? torque?
    The mainly different between k20a2 vs k24a2 is that the k24a2 has more torque and the power wise, they are about the same around 200hp.

k20a2 engine from RSX type-S
    k24a2 engine from TSX

It's spelled "swap." haha, sorry. I'm a slight grammar nazi.

But yes, a k20a2 and tranny will go right in.

get a k24a2 you wont regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by VIZHUNZ02SI View Post
    get a k24a2 you wont regret it.
    indeed, sure do love mines

wiil my bolt ons fit the k24a2 and where is a good source to get one? what mods will i need to swap the k24? ive herd the k0a2 is just about plug and play but the bigger k24 seems like more cutom fitting?

The easiest, no issue swap would be the K20A2 w/6spd and stock A2 ECU. It is entirely drop-in, plug and play, no fiddling around with getting it to run. The only issue that could even arise could be a possible reverse/shifter issue, and that can be solved with a little trimming of the shifter or a BCss, but again this isnt with every shifter just a very small percentage.

The next easiest/cheapest swap would be a K24/Kpro with the EP3's 5speed trans.

I would opt for a 06'+ K24A2 with base RSX 5speed w Quaiff and TSX 6th added. This would provide the base for continued upgrades over the years with awesome potential and longeviety.
    I have a stock A2 shortblock that has been abused severly for close to 200K miles, with reasonable goals and limits the stock blocks are fine and provide more than enough fun with excellent fuel mileage.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    The easiest, no issue swap would be the K20A2 w/6spd and stock A2 ECU. It is entirely drop-in, plug and play, no fiddling around with getting it to run. The only issue that could even arise could be a possible reverse/shifter issue, and that can be solved with a little trimming of the shifter or a BCss, but again this isnt with every shifter just a very small percentage.

The next easiest/cheapest swap would be a K24/Kpro with the EP3's 5speed trans.

I would opt for a 06'+ K24A2 with base RSX 5speed w Quaiff and TSX 6th added. This would provide the base for continued upgrades over the years with awesome potential and longeviety.
    I have a stock A2 shortblock that has been abused severly for close to 200K miles, with reasonable goals and limits the stock blocks are fine and provide more than enough fun with excellent fuel mileage.
    right on

then ill most likely do the k20a2 and go for a type-r clone that seems like the best way for me. the torque of the k24 is very tempting but i do love the high compresion and the simplisity of the in and out. now is there a advantage of 6 speed over the stock 5 speed? and did i hear clearly that i could use the 5 speed tranny thats already there

???? 5 speed k20a2?

Quote Originally Posted by ep3monaco View Post
    then ill most likely do the k20a2 and go for a type-r clone that seems like the best way for me. the torque of the k24 is very tempting but i do love the high compresion and the simplisity of the in and out. now is there a advantage of 6 speed over the stock 5 speed? and did i hear clearly that i could use the 5 speed tranny thats already there
    yes you can use the stock EP3 5 speed, however the problem with the K20a2 is that you will drop out of VTEC every time you shift due to the difference in gear ratios. Do it right the 1st time and it wont piss you off in the future.

that wouldnt be good. the whole point is to be in vtec range. ok thanks aolt peeps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information