Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cybernation Manifold... couple questions

I searched through the threads but alot of the pics wont show or are no longer there. I just wanted to see how the fitment was. I know of a couple people who made over 400 with the manifold, and looked like it flowed well. Im in planning mode and you know me im always willing to try out some parts... I know obx makes an exact replica of the cybernation manifold so thats what got me thinking. So anyone with experience please drop some info. Thanks
    Q

i think they went out of business. but yeah when they first came out with a turbo kit for the k-series using the gaurdian system( then supposably self tunning piggy back) they made 350+ hp depending on the block and mods. stock a3 running that system made 320-330. a2's made arround 320-350+. man those where fun days at the shop. but their design wasnt casted iron manifold. it was a tubular design slightly longer than a cast iron design.
    here's a link to a used one
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=544098
    Last edited by VIZHUNZ02SI; 05-06-2010 at 09:38 AM.

I thought they made good power... but the mani I was looking at was not a cybernation it was the obx type. Same style including the wastegate placement. so it had me thinking. I appreciate the link vizhun.

I made like 486whp with a cn kit. What do u need pics of? The biggest clearance issue you will have is with the half shaft if your turbo is to big. Having a k24 gives you more room though.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    wat size turbo u recommend to be able to run without issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    I made like 486whp with a cn kit. What do u need pics of? The biggest clearance issue you will have is with the half shaft if your turbo is to big. Having a k24 gives you more room though.
    I was wondering what was the closest thing to hitting, with the k24 my 60-1 should work... G do you have any pics of your downpipe?

Any t3t4 should fit 30r and smaller with a k20 , with a k24 you can run a 35r, 60-1 sized turbo.
    That little brace by the steering rack can also get in the way depending on your setup, if it does I would just remove it.
    I'll post up some pics later.

Any t3t4 should fit 30r and smaller with a k20 , with a k24 you can run a 35r, 60-1 sized turbo.
    That little brace by the steering rack can also get in the way depending on your setup, if it does I would just remove it.
    I'll post up some pics later.
    Sounds good thanks G

no prob when they were makin kits the manifolds were actually hand welded one by one from another person that work at another shop. so they weren't done by an automated machine.

I am currently running the CN kit on my k24, also was on my a3. with the a4 the mid brace was only thing close to touching on my setup. Once I get a decent tuner I should be around 400 hp hopefully.

To the TS.. I have one ill get rid of cheap if you want one of the original cn mani's. Just pm me.

thanks guardian.. just wat i wanted to hear about the 30r.. i think thats what the next upgrade is gonna be.. this 50 trim spools kinda slow

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    thanks guardian.. just wat i wanted to hear about the 30r.. i think thats what the next upgrade is gonna be.. this 50 trim spools kinda slow
    I'm upgrading, downsizing for my needs to a 3076r in about 2 weeks.

Im running the cybernation manifold as well. Turbo is 60-1. Fitment was good. Did have a little trouble clearing the half shaft. I was scared to take it off. Also it is a little hard to remove and install the wastegate while manifold is on the motor. If u have to tighten it etc.. Last thing i can think of is that the turbo sat so close to the Steering rack boots? it burned holes in them. Other then that its all good. Lots of power. decent welds

I'm upgrading, downsizing for my needs to a 3076r in about 2 weeks.
    so u think ur gonna be making the same power or less?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information