Close

Thread: Strange Noise

Strange Noise

when i accelerate i have a strange noise upfront it kinda sounds like a slow squeak or something i think it may be my chassis need to be lubed but im not sure i just recently got the car and i don't know every little thing about it yet can some of you geniuses help me out i really wanna get rid of that annoying noise
    thanks!

over bumps? how is your steering response? Mileage on car?

yeah its over bumps my steering response is alright not the most amazing i guess now that i think of it
    the car has 92k on it

Does it only happen when the car is moving? Could it be alternator whine, or one of the pulleys?

yeah only when moving acceleration it possibly could be my belt its in kinda rough shape but im not quite sure if that is the sourse maybe later i can get a video of the sound or somthing

Yea, My 2003 si does that as well. I think its a bushing noise. It only makes the squeak noise when theres a notable difference in temperature. It goes away after the temperature is either consistently cold or consistently warm. Pretty much the sring and fall is when it makes the most noise. And winter and summer there is no noise. I know my LCA bushings are shot. I am goin to change them in about a month and i'll report back to you to tell you if it made a difference or not. Not to hi- jack your thread Steezy. I have a question for the guys. I don't know if i should go with the oem LCA bushings or go with aftermarkets? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by byip17 View Post
    Not to hi- jack your thread Steezy.
    No Problem

Thread Information