Close

Quickly clean bird poop?

What do y'all do to clean off a couple spots of bird droppings? Do you wash the whole car, or wash the affected area, or use some other method?

i just get a tissue, spit on it. and wipe.. my whole car is hella dirty so i just clean the doo doo so it won't ruin my paint..

I did the tissue & spit thing before, but scratched the paint a bit. Some Meguiar's scratch remover saved that nonsense, though.

I went ahead & got a bottle of Meguiar's Quick Detailer and used an old cotton shirt. Worked fine -- got it off before the snows came, at least.

Kill the bird first.
    Besides that, try using the mild formula of bug remover, it's green and in a spray bottle, says it won't remove wax. Spray that stuff on, let the shit get soggy and wipe away with a tissue. At least that's what I do. YMMV
    Damn birds..
    -PR

the last two days. ive been getting sap drippings all over my car!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOO annoying... its all sticky and black. good thing i have a black car.. if it was silver or white, i'd be way more pissed.

Smile

yeah, just wash the affected area away. darn birds. they're smarter than what people think. they know who to attack and at the perfect time. guys, don't use tissues or paper towels. they contain wood fibers and will scratch your car. a towel or a t-shirt will work just fine. darn birds.

quik detailer :)
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

razor blade! jk if you cant get it off right away or are to lazy (like me) use a wet cloth then scratch x by Meguires or however you spell it. I live by that sh*t it works amazing on my nhbp!

I don't know if any of you guys have access to solvent prep cleaner but a lot of parts stores sell it.

Hands down it will help you with any tree sap issues or bird crap.

Once it bakes in your clear coat and etches in nicely you may as well call it a day so it's a great investment.

To be honest a gallon of it shouldn't cost more than 10-15 bucks max and can help with a lot more then those issues!
    Last edited by Sucka; 02-02-2009 at 05:23 PM.

just get some water and soap then rub it off with that applied onto a lint free cloth

Thread Information