Close

question about KYBs & Konis

My car has a set of KYB GR2s on the front right now, and a set of OEM honda shocks on the rear. I wanna switch up to a set of Koni yellows, but I just had a quick question about the GR2s. Are they rebuildable/do they use the OEM bottom section of the shock?? Would I be able to use the Koni insert in the KYB shock body??

This probably does not relate to your question, but right now tire rack slashed their prices on konis from 195 each to 146 bucks each.

thanks, but im gettin em localy for $125CDN a pop.

id use oem ones, they were designed to be used with the stock oem housings and you dont know what they did on the kybs
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

problem with that though, the OEM shocks (im 90% sure), I dont have any more. I bought the car with the GR2s on the front, but I might have them in the spring box with my oem springs. I was just curious if the GR2 was a full shock or an insert like the konis.

I just installed GR2s in the front. They're a full strut with its own housing, not an insert.
    Last edited by Distance; 10-03-2008 at 11:30 PM.

I'll be changing out the struts in my '02 SiR in the next few weeks (giving the A-spec a try). Assuming I'm happy with the A-spec, I can sell you my OEM struts with Eibach Pro-kit springs if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by sugie View Post
    I just installed GR2s in the front. They're a full strut with its own housing, not an insert.
    yea, i called KYB yesterday and they told me the same thing, and they are non-rebuildable...bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by yalp2yap View Post
    I'll be changing out the struts in my '02 SiR in the next few weeks (giving the A-spec a try). Assuming I'm happy with the A-spec, I can sell you my OEM struts with Eibach Pro-kit springs if you want.
    its okay, I already have H&R springs and would only need the bottom section of the oem struts from the front. But I'm thinkin im heading to coilovers instead. Also, the supplier i was gonna buy my Koni's from are a direct koni dealer and they said some items are on a 3 month back order from koni directly. So thats not gonna happen either

Thread Information