Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    This just doesnt seam like a good idea to buy this kit.. if you want more power, buy all the bolt ons you can afford and kpro.. it will be more reliable and still probably faster than most cars you'll see on the road everyday..

I just dont think its worth the risk..some people might though and if you are brave enough go ahead, i just have a firm belief that it will cost more than a higher quality kit in the long run.

if still had the ep with the a3 in it i wouldn't mind getting an ebay kit, but 'd piece it the kit together myself. ebay turbos are ok if primed and you don't mind changing it once a year. get an ebay log manifold, you wouldn't gain as much power but you wont have to risk it cracking compared to the "full race" manifolds they have. also get k pro and make sure the intercooler piping you get is ep specific or a greddy replica, i found that ic piping to be the easiest to install haha

I would piece together your own kit. Buy a precision turbo, they seem to be the best for your money. My ball bearing one was about 1250, and has no shaft play or leaks after a year of beating

very nice

aint nothing wrong with an ebay 60 trim journal

Ebay stuff is no fun unless you value the short term over long term.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    8 months 13,000 miles, only issue with the kit was the diaphragm on the wastegate ripped.. replaced that with another one.. 50 bux.. back in business.. my whole thing is i'm not gonna go baller on a A3 motor that's stock.. when i do my K24 i will get the better things

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    This just doesnt seam like a good idea to buy this kit.. if you want more power, buy all the bolt ons you can afford and kpro.. it will be more reliable and still probably faster than most cars you'll see on the road everyday..

I just dont think its worth the risk..some people might though and if you are brave enough go ahead, i just have a firm belief that it will cost more than a higher quality kit in the long run.
    turbo kit cost to date.. $740.. that includes replacing wastegate lmao.. my how wrong u r about that

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    8 months 13,000 miles, only issue with the kit was the diaphragm on the wastegate ripped.. replaced that with another one.. 50 bux.. back in business.. my whole thing is i'm not gonna go baller on a A3 motor that's stock.. when i do my K24 i will get the better things
    After about a year, shit will break. Just wait. You always get what you pay for

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information