Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Skunk2 Pro-S coilovers + street use??

I need to replace my shocks in my car, and was originaly going to replace them with Koni Yellows and keep my H&R springs. But i found out that my front shocks are kyb and the kybs are not rebuildable, so it would mean sourcing out a set of OEM shocks that i can use to put the Koni inserts into, wich will cost me more $. + my supplier for Koni is saying some of their stuff is back ordered for 3+ months.

So now im looking at coil overs, but since I was budgeting for shocks, I dont want to pay that much $ for a set. I called a bunch of shops looking for pricing on BC, Megan, Skunk, etc and most places were quoting me $1200 +. I found I can get a set of Skunk Pro-S coilovers through my work for less than $1000 tax in.

My question though is how good are they for street use?? I drive my car ALOT, almost 100 miles a day, 5 or 6 days a week. And some of the roads around my work are pretty pitted/pot holed. So before I order them, I want to see what you guys/owners of them have to say about their street drivability.

Also, Im located in Canada, so shipping stuff cross boarder is gonna kill me. I am exploring methods of bringing it across at the lowest cost to me.

I'm in the same boat and this is what i'm ordering
    http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/PRO-75-100...mpaign=froogle

ephatch member
    Not to bash any company, but I can personally vouch not to go for the Skunk 2.

My front passenger strut has blown twice and the driver side was replaced once. Their customer service is great and they will replace them as long as they are under warranty.

That's my only gripe about them.

If you want to spend less than $1k then just get Progress.

once again, problem being me living in Canada. Shipping costs are through the roof on something like coilovers. Also, for basic coilovers like progress or tien basic, $1380 + 13% tax CND localy. Even things like Megan or BC are $1250 + tax.

Quote Originally Posted by slate13530 View Post

My front passenger strut has blown twice and the driver side was replaced once. Their customer service is great and they will replace them as long as they are under warranty.

Out of curiosity ..are you on Pro-S or Pro-C coilovers?
    Last edited by introvert; 05-13-2010 at 03:33 PM.

skunk only makes pro-s for the ep3.
    Last edited by shadowmd; 10-05-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Ahh okay. Didnt know that. I've been kind of tempted on the Pro-S's as well.

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    once again, problem being me living in Canada. Shipping costs are through the roof on something like coilovers. Also, for basic coilovers like progress or tien basic, $1380 + 13% tax CND localy. Even things like Megan or BC are $1250 + tax.
    yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    skunk only makes pro-s for the ep3.
    Correct

Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    Ahh okay. Didnt know that. I've been kind of tempted on the Pro-S's as well.
    Well since you are in Ca the roads there should be much better than here in NJ. Between the winter weather and roads I'm not sure which one gives more of a beating.

ephatch member
    Bryan, do consider A-Spec suspension ^_^

Acura A-Spec Suspension Assembly 08W60-S6M-200A
    2x END, TIE ROD 53541-S7A-003
    2x NUT, HEX. 90301-S5A-003
    2x NUT, HEX. (12MM) 94030-12280
    2x PIN, SPLIT (3.0X22) 94201-30220

Shoot emails to acura dealerships down stateside to see which will ship up here. It should come out to around $700usd - OEM Honda quality; closest thing to CTR/ITR suspension. And most importantly; wont fck up your suspension geometry like typical aftermarket suspension.

See here for what I mean:

http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=569763

Quote Originally Posted by slate13530 View Post

Im also not a fan of junk2 suspension parts for our car chassis (dc5 included). Had heard alot of problems from friends with their shock blowing within a year timeframe.
    I personally just bought raceland coilovers LOL just didnt get a chance to put them on yet.
    Im really amazed at raceland coilovers... I see so many people "slamming" their ars and surprisingly hear nothing about blown shocks! I was gonna do koni setup but money is tight now so mayb in a few months.

As for you OP, I would go with progress or do koni setup for that amount of money. They are simply best and can be vouch for by many members on here . The A specs doesnt sound bad either and is recommended by alot of people. But if you want to adjust heights or what not, then aspec isnt for you. JMO
    Last edited by dohcep3; 05-25-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dohcep3 View Post
    Im also not a fan of junk2 suspension parts for our car chassis (dc5 included). Had heard alot of problems from friends with their shock blowing within a year timeframe.
    I personally just bought raceland coilovers LOL just didnt get a chance to put them on yet.
    Im really amazed at raceland coilovers... I see so many people "slamming" their ars and surprisingly hear nothing about blown shocks! I was gonna do koni setup but money is tight now so mayb in a few months.

As for you OP, I would go with progress or do koni setup for that amount of money. They are simply best and can be vouch for by many members on here . JMO
    funny how your making fun of skunk2 but you bought $200 racelands

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    funny how your making fun of skunk2 but you bought $200 racelands
    many people have them on here, & i haven't read anything bad yet.

i have read mixed but i still would not spend $200 on coilovers

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    i have read mixed but i still would not spend $200 on coilovers
    where'd you read mixed reviews at?

7thgenhonda.com, em2's that use the ep3 racelands

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information