Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell

1 5.26%
  • Swap

18 94.74%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by codyep3 View Post
    Although the ep3 is a nice civic, you really wouldn't get shit for it, most likely 6k-7kish i bet.
    yeah. If that.

I started putting feelers out there for a2's. What do you guys think a 'fair' price for a decent mileage a2?

Quote Originally Posted by johnkimble View Post
    yeah. If that.

I started putting feelers out there for a2's. What do you guys think a 'fair' price for a decent mileage a2?
    just the k20a2? no tranny?

with tranny and ecu

wait till the motor takes a shit on you...maybe 200,000 miles at least...then swap it...don't swap out a perfectly good motor for a daily drive car because of 120,000 miles...honda motors FTW

Quote Originally Posted by cronicEP View Post
    wait till the motor takes a shit on you...maybe 200,000 miles at least...then swap it...don't swap out a perfectly good motor for a daily drive car because of 120,000 miles...honda motors FTW
    Good point. The motor itself is still in great shape. I rarely beat on it and even then I never push it too far. I could always drop the a3 back in after I'm more tired of the car and am at a point where I want to get rid of it. I'll most likely keep the a3 motor, tranny and ecu if I do end up swapping.

Quote Originally Posted by cronicEP View Post
    Yeah... The motor itself is still in great shape. I rarely beat on it and even then I never push it too far. I could always drop the a3 back in after I'm more tired of the car and am at a point where I want to get rid of it. I'll most likely keep the a3 motor, tranny and ecu if I do end up swapping.

good luck man.

sounds like you want something new in your life. i would say swap it to whatever you want. toy with it for awhile ... a long time lol. then swap back the a3 and sell it off and get a newer car down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    sounds like you want something new in your life. i would say swap it to whatever you want. toy with it for awhile ... a long time lol. then swap back the a3 and sell it off and get a newer car down the road
    Yeah something new would be great. What you're saying seems to be what I'm leaning towards. Now I just need to source a motor/good deal!

Good thing is the clutch isn't slipping THAT bad yet, so I can still plan it out and do it right.

Thanks for all of the input guys. If any of you know a good source for motors in socal give me a shout!

Swap, or check out an ~'06 TL with the 6spd. You can find one with decent miles for ~15,000!

ephatch member
    The ride on the new SI feels better. But if I had to do it over I wouldn't want payments. I was interested in building my credit. I miss the ep like hell. If I had to do it over I'd swap it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information