Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JRSC-R w/Kpro

ephatch member

JRSC-R w/Kpro

Bone stock 02. 60k clicks on the clock, would like to start making some power.

How does this sound?

JRSC Race Kit
    K-Pro

some 3" CAI

Race Header (what's the cheapest decent one?0

Meagan 2.25" Midpipe
    Stock Axelback

Anything I'm leaving out?

personal preference, run the older style injen CAI, the one that goes around the battery, no it's not 3", but the fact tha the air has a very straight path to the throttle body, not a straight 90 degree bend before the throttle body making the air very turbulent, as for a header, i have the Kiddracing header, and i am in love. and the exhaust setup.. ehhh, not gonna make much power there bro, thats gonna be like a jogger breathing through a straw, if you want a stock look get a 3" vibrant muffler with dual slanted tips (looks closeeee to oem) and 1 or 2 vibrant resonators, and have a 3" setup made. with a 2.36" exhaust, older intake i mentioned, and the Kidd header, i made 241.3hp. when i get a three inch exhaust, and maxbore'd throttle body and inlet casting, i hope to breach 250

from what i read, JRSC on an a3 won't make too much power, which gets pricey. many said, if they could do it all over again, they would swap first and go from there.

EDIT: i mean, for that amount of money, it won't make that much power.

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    personal preference, run the older style injen CAI, the one that goes around the battery, no it's not 3", but the fact tha the air has a very straight path to the throttle body, not a straight 90 degree bend before the throttle body making the air very turbulent, as for a header, i have the Kiddracing header, and i am in love. and the exhaust setup.. ehhh, not gonna make much power there bro, thats gonna be like a jogger breathing through a straw, if you want a stock look get a 3" vibrant muffler with dual slanted tips (looks closeeee to oem) and 1 or 2 vibrant resonators, and have a 3" setup made. with a 2.36" exhaust, older intake i mentioned, and the Kidd header, i made 241.3hp. when i get a three inch exhaust, and maxbore'd throttle body and inlet casting, i hope to breach 250
    you are right, for the money you spend, the power isnt amazing, but it is a lot of fun. Im beating cars people told me i would getted ripped up by, and i look at it like this, with alllllll this stuff done, whenever the A3 goes, a k24a2 can easily take it's place

Yeah same thought I have if I swap I would still want to buy a JRSC. So why not buy it now slap it on the a3 and slowly build an engine up to how I want it.

you are right, for the money you spend, the power isnt amazing, but it is a lot of fun. Im beating cars people told me i would getted ripped up by, and i look at it like this, with alllllll this stuff done, whenever the A3 goes, a k24a2 can easily take it's place
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Yeah same thought I have if I swap I would still want to buy a JRSC. So why not buy it now slap it on the a3 and slowly build an engine up to how I want it.
    agreed with both, you can enjoy some boost life then really enjoy the boost life with a swap. or just sell the JRSC later on when you swap

Quote Originally Posted by MBaG View Post
    from what i read, JRSC on an a3 won't make too much power, which gets pricey. many said, if they could do it all over again, they would swap first and go from there.

EDIT: i mean, for that amount of money, it won't make that much power.
    well the thing is if you look at it, he's constructing pieces of a puzzle to a motor he has now and is using/enjoying. so thus in the future all he may need is just a motor and he'll have all the necessary parts without spending any extra money except only on a swap

ephatch member
    I only want the cheapest way to 200-230whp ... I'm not *that* power hungry (yes I know power is addictive) ... I'd rather have money, reliability, and without the need to replace tires every 8000km.

Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    I only want the cheapest way to 200-230whp ... I'm not *that* power hungry (yes I know power is addictive) ... I'd rather have money, reliability, and without the need to replace tires every 8000km.
    well the JRSC-R is the way to gett you there, but that tiny midpipe and stock axleback is going to hurt, if your going for a stock look, here is my suggestion on how to easily make 230 if not more depending on your tuner:

Have a custom mandrel bent 3" made, flowing from your race header (which hopefully will be the kiddracing) to this resonator

Then from that, flow into this muffler. Looks totally stock and wont be loud

You might want to check out my FOR SALE thread for some goodies to get this plan in motion! I made 235whp with my setup with my quickest ET to date being a 13.4, it was quick enough for around town.

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjew View Post
    You might want to check out my FOR SALE thread for some goodies to get this plan in motion! I made 235whp with my setup with my quickest ET to date being a 13.4, it was quick enough for around town.
    im gunnin for your timeslip :) i made 6.3 more whp than you, but i wiegh more :(

Sorry to jump in but who's resonator is that? I have the JRSC-R with straight pipe to Vibrant muffler and it's a little loud for my taste. I'd like to add a resonator to try and tone it down a bit. Will that effect the boost and tune? Just got the car yesterday so trying to comb the threads and learn a few things.

whats the name of both and prices this sounds like a CLEAN setup with the kidd racing

Where can I buy this??both

well the JRSC-R is the way to gett you there, but that tiny midpipe and stock axleback is going to hurt, if your going for a stock look, here is my suggestion on how to easily make 230 if not more depending on your tuner:

Have a custom mandrel bent 3" made, flowing from your race header (which hopefully will be the kiddracing) to this resonator

Then from that, flow into this muffler. Looks totally stock and wont be loud

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    Vibrant makes sleeper series. I think thats what those are. I have vibrant and its quiet as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    Vibrant makes sleeper series. I think thats what those are. I have vibrant and its quiet as shit.
    what is recommend for the sc? 3 inch straight thru also? i remember asking about this set up awhile back but no answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information