Close

Thread: k24a8

k24a8

Does anyone have a k24a8 swap? If so how much do you like it? Im at 96k on my p.o.s. a3 looking for something cheap to throw in it.

i have a k24a8 and i love it , im currantly stage2 cams and boosted. its a real fun swap,
    Quote Originally Posted by Esras02si View Post
    Does anyone have a k24a8 swap? If so how much do you like it? Im at 96k on my p.o.s. a3 looking for something cheap to throw in it.

A k24a1 is a solid and affordable piece.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

I have one as well in my EP and it has been great. I have had the swap for over a year now and I have not had any major issues. I'm on SK2 Stage 2 cams with several other mods and I'm making 210 WHP - 172lbft all motor tuned by Jeff Evans.
    It's a cheaper alternative to swaping in one of the more expensive K's however if you plan on doing a head swap some where down the line go with a K24A1 because you will not have to swap pistons to make it work. The Accord blocks have dome shaped pistons and will cause VPC with a K20 head.
    Last edited by BigLon30; 05-18-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLon30 View Post
    I have one as well in my EP and it has been great. I have had the swap for over a year now and I have not had any major issues. I'm on SK2 Stage 2 cams with several other mods and I'm making 210 WHP - 172lbft all motor tuned by Jeff Evans.
    It's a cheaper alternative to swaping in one of the more expensive K's however if you plan on doing a head swap some where down the line go with a K24A1 because you will not have to swap pistons to make it work. The Accord blocks have dome shaped pistons and will casue VPC with a K20 head.

Are there timing chain issues with the skunk2s like there are for the a3?

Thread Information