Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RSX Coilovers on EP3??

Would a set of DC5S or DC5R coilovers fit on an ep?? What would it take to fit??

Reason, I found a set of MINT MINT TIEN Flex coilovers with EDFC for $950 but they fit DC5R
    Last edited by Jukka; 05-18-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    I have a set of Tetsuya Yamano designed DC5 Comdrive Ex-Motion Athlete Orange coilovers (also designed only for the DC5R)on my car as we speak. All you need is to purchase a set of RSX tie rod ends (I suggest online, because I paid $157 at a stealership) and you need to shave 3mm from each rear coilover lower bushing. It isn't as bad as you think as long as you get the cuts straight. I hope that helps.

Sick....guess I might be rolling on some TIEN Flex coilovers soon. :D

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    I have a set of Tetsuya Yamano designed DC5 Comdrive Ex-Motion Athlete Orange coilovers (also designed only for the DC5R)on my car as we speak. All you need is to purchase a set of RSX tie rod ends (I suggest online, because I paid $157 at a stealership) and you need to shave 3mm from each rear coilover lower bushing. It isn't as bad as you think as long as you get the cuts straight. I hope that helps.
    my buddy club RSD are dc5 specific also, and the same had to be done, easy stuff.

The TIENS i was looking at got sold yesterday. But theres another place near my house that just got a container of stuff in Japan. So im just waiting for them to unload the container. But i should have something by tonight *hopefully*.

Also, i forgot to ask, when you say shave 3mm on the bushing, do you mean like it needs to be bored out 3mm? or on the sides of the bushings??

mmm...torque :D
    sides

rsx a spec on mine by the way

bump, another stupid question. EM2 suspension, would it work too?? ie if the discription of the coilovers is just "01-05 civic"..would they fit. Ive seen a bunch of other posts saying that rsx suspension will fit with rsx tie rods, so should fit ep3 too right?

ephatch member
    Bryan, here are the parts needed for DC5 suspension to work on our cars:

2x END, TIE ROD 53541-S7A-003
    2x NUT, HEX. 90301-S5A-003
    2x NUT, HEX. (12MM) 94030-12280
    2x PIN, SPLIT (3.0X22) 94201-30220

The DC5 tie rod ends are much stronger as well. I'm seriously considering A-Spec when I get the cash. OEM quality, the closest thing to CTR/ITR suspension this side of the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    bump, another stupid question. EM2 suspension, would it work too?? ie if the discription of the coilovers is just "01-05 civic"..would they fit. Ive seen a bunch of other posts saying that rsx suspension will fit with rsx tie rods, so should fit ep3 too right?
    your gonna need to get 03-05 em2 suspension because 01-02 em2's have 14mm crash bolts and the ep3 have 16mm, i used the old struts off of my 04 em2 on my ep3

hmmm..ok thanks for the info. I think im gonna keep looking for some rsx suspension then. I called the first guy who had a set of EM2 coilovers this morning and he said they were off an 02...so i guess im SOL on that one.

EDIT: if the 01-02 EM2 suspension runs a 14mm crash bolt, couldnt you just bore out the hole for the crash bolt to 16mm???
    Last edited by Jukka; 05-25-2010 at 08:53 AM.

As mentioned there is no problem with running a suspension designed for the RSX if you happen to find a deal on one, but don't limit yourself. The RSX suspension is not inherently superious. I have Buddy Club RSD in my car, designed for the EP3, with the stock EP3 tie rod ends and have had no problems with it. And I beat the hell out of my car on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Valo666 View Post
    hmmm..ok thanks for the info. I think im gonna keep looking for some rsx suspension then. I called the first guy who had a set of EM2 coilovers this morning and he said they were off an 02...so i guess im SOL on that one.

EDIT: if the 01-02 EM2 suspension runs a 14mm crash bolt, couldnt you just bore out the hole for the crash bolt to 16mm???
    yes you can drill it out, i had to do that on the original suspension for my em2 because they hadnt made 16mm struts at that point. Its a pain in the ass and make sure you have a hammer drill because a normal drill isnt powerful enough

alright, guess im not SOL...lol. I'll get my buddy whos gonna be doing the install to do all the mods needed for it. Ill keep you guys posted.

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kai-wun View Post
    Bryan, here are the parts needed for DC5 suspension to work on our cars:

2x END, TIE ROD 53541-S7A-003
    2x NUT, HEX. 90301-S5A-003
    2x NUT, HEX. (12MM) 94030-12280
    2x PIN, SPLIT (3.0X22) 94201-30220

The DC5 tie rod ends are much stronger as well. I'm seriously considering A-Spec when I get the cash. OEM quality, the closest thing to CTR/ITR suspension this side of the pond.
    The two hex nuts for the RSX tie rod ends can be salvaged from the nuts on top of your old front struts. I forgot to purchase them and was quite pleased to see my old stock strut nuts fit perfectly on the new RSX tie rod ends.

hehehe....guess what i got today...

With the EM2 spec stuff, do you need to do any modifications to them like with the rsx stuff?? Or do they just bolt in place?? Also for tierods, EP3 ones work? or do i need EM2 ones??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information