Close

Whats a good rim cleaner?

Is there any products any of you recommend getting? My wheels look a little oxidized on the lip that is suppose to be polish and would like to bring out the shine back out. Let me know please

to add to your post.... a cleaner that also removes baked on brake dust (the yellow stain kind).

广州本田
    i use Amazing Roll-Off, for the lip just use some polish and a buffing wheel to bring the shine back.

I have polished lips on my volks. this shit is the best i have ever found for polished items. night before a show my buddy sat down in front of his engine bay for a few hours sippin beers, polishing random parts by hand with it. i was shocked by the outcome.

http://www.speedymetalpolish.com/index.html

I use Dupont Teflon wheel cleaner for my wheels, one application and it lasts for a long time. It coats them afterwards so that the resulting brake dust/grease just wipes right off with a rag, great stuff. It won't remove oxidation, though, I think you'll need to polish that out.

Simple Green 50:50 mix with water. It's stupid cheap and you can buy it almost anywhere. Takes the brake dust right off my stockies.

engine degreaser!!! best stuff for wheels. just be careful with it. spray on, let sit for 15 seconds, scrub is needed then rinse off. guaranteed a clean wheel every time! just remember to rinse off well!

P21S gel wheel cleaner is a great PH neutral wheel cleaner. If the lip on your wheels are raw metal then Mothers Mag and Aluminum polish should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium4500 View Post
    Simple Green 50:50 mix with water. It's stupid cheap and you can buy it almost anywhere. Takes the brake dust right off my stockies.
    that's what I use after i do a mortage payment.

But seriously... I use the simple Green with water everyother wash.

This past Sunday i purchased something different. It was from Turtle Wax. Its a liquid that once you spray it on it creates a foam. HOLY CRAP!
    I really neglected my front red wilwoods.. so much so that the "wilwood" was like a brownish color. i sprayed this puppy on, and i used a old toothbrush... they fricken look like new!
    They also did a pretty good job too at removing some baked on brake dust. i think after a few more washes it'll all come out.

I can easily go through a bottle in one wash. I use it for everything: bugs off front bumper, wheels, muffler, V-brace, S2K rear control arms, side skirts (in the wheel well)

i use an old wash mitt with soap and water. If you wash them regularly then you shoulden't have this problem. Some wax on the rims help too.

almost anything can work, just scrub them, sense some things protect , they will seal dirt on there.

Thread Information