Close

ebay 22mm rear sway...worth buying?

found a 22mm rear sway bar by godspeed. never heard of the brand. its only 80 dollars brand new. i was originally looking for the newer model type s rear sways which i believe are 21mm but havent found any lately willing to ship or at a reasonable price. does anyone have any input for this? worth buying or not? can i use stock endlinks on this rear sway or will i have to purchase new ones? thanks for any tips

It's a good bar at a great price. Not perfect - but good. It's almost an exact copy of the Progress bar. It has a solid cross brace and the fit was surprisingly good. I had a little but of a clunking problem at first with the bar bumping up against the floor pan. I was going to find shorter RSX links which I think would have fixed the problem but then things "settled" and it went away. My only disappointment with it was that the "solid" bushings that come with the bar are rubber. I replaced them with Energy Suspension 7/8" polyurethane bushings and I'm very pleased. I had a 19mm early RSX-s bar w/ ES bushings which was a great bar but I couldn't find a later 21mm. I needed a bigger bar for Autocross and this bar kicks ass! It does have a slight clearance issue w/ the exhaust but I used a piece of rubber hose & some hose clamps on the bar to minimize the vibration - rattle (same as Progress fix found on this site). Long story short - it's the "Raceland" of the swaybar world!

for $11 more you can get the TRUE typeR swaybar from jdmland.
    and it comes with everything you need to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    for $11 more you can get the TRUE typeR swaybar from jdmland.
    and it comes with everything you need to install it.
    That is a good sale price and with shipping would be $150. but I only paid $79. shipped for the Godspeed...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheep3 View Post
    That is a good sale price and with shipping would be $150. but I only paid $79. shipped for the Godspeed...
    haha yea im too cheap to spend that much on a rear sway. hopefully i can find a type s 21mm one if not ill end up going for Godspeed. thanks for the info though guys

广州本田
    well you can get a brand new 21mm type S sway from the dealer for about $70 bucks and wont have to worry about any fitment issues. but this is not a bad deal at all if it is just as good as the progress bar.

Thread Information