Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Distance View Post
    no one cares about the ep besides the people that owns them or used to own them or driven/road in one lol.
    ^^^truth. My girlfriend knows nothing about cars in general but from me talking on and on about my ep she actually knows a surprising amount of ep facts haha

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    I went to a HIN with my ep3 and the only person to stop and talk to me about it was a guy from japan hahahahaha
    Haha, thats funny and it shows us Americans dont know crap if we dont appreciate the EP even though it wasnt popular in Japan either.

Anyway, People are just programmed to be "followers" they are just getting the older bodys because it is what their friends got and what they see all the time, when everyone has an ep, they will get one too. I know where I live I remember there being only 2 ep's where I live and now I see them ALL THE TIME and people are saying how bad ass my car is but when I bought the car nobody cared.

When I was modding the Fit (now the wife's car) everyone in that community loved EP's. The car is just a rarity.

I love my EP! All my friends have all the common hondas (ef, eg, crx, integra, etc.) but i got mine because I love the body style and I wanted to work on something different then what everyone else works on. it is true that we are hondas bastard child and barely get love from other honda owners...but i have a feeling that the EP love will soon spread out and everyone will come to us with questions/help on their EPs. I see alot more EPs out there now from when I first bought my car.

IDK about you but once I got my EP it seemed like all the younger kids in my area that had older hondas upgraded to EPs....

Once you see one modded, you'll love it. I know I did.

i didn't follow any trends. in fact, at the time, i had no friends that were into hondas. the trend 2 years ago in high school were rwd cars. the ep is my first car. i remember initially thinking what i wanted. and that i for sure wanted a hatch, but the ep3 stood out amongst most hatches and it was perfect too because it was in my price range. unfortunately, i did not start a trend by being different, but i like the fact that i'm different.

i haven't been in the car scene that long, but from most of the honda owners that i've met, i can safely say that ep owners are some of the most chillest ppl. and i think the most big-headed owners are s2k owners.

Having an ep is a kinship. You know the feeling; you're driving along and spot one coming from a distance and you lock onto it. As you near each other, you look it over. A thumbs up or a knowing nod of approval from the other driver and it's gone. Everyone around is oblivious to the rarity of two ep3's in the same vicinity, but we know, and it's okay. In six months, I'll see another one out and about.

I love my ep3. It drives great, and it looks sexy. I like it more than many other cars out there that cost much more.

My only complaints are that it weighs too much and its super slow in the 1/4 mile.

I have no problem with people not jocking my car lol. Its just something different that not many care to be in the "know" about. But when they see one thats properly done it turns heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
    Having an ep is a kinship. You know the feeling; you're driving along and spot one coming from a distance and you lock onto it. As you near each other, you look it over. A thumbs up or a knowing nod of approval from the other driver and it's gone. Everyone around is oblivious to the rarity of two ep3's in the same vicinity, but we know, and it's okay. In six months, I'll see another one out and about.
    It's kinda funny that you mentioned that. I have only noticed like 2-3 other EP's from my area, but each one of them always waved or acknowledged that I was there. It was kinda strange to me at first because the only people that you usually see do that, are the lifted Jeep guys. Perhaps though, it's like you say. We seem to all know how rare it is to see another one of our cars around sometimes.
    Last edited by DRP967; 10-07-2008 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _shift View Post
    It's kinda funny that you mentioned that. I have only noticed like 2-3 other EP's from my area, but each one of them always waved or acknowledged that I was there. It was kinda strange to me at first because the only people that you usually see do that, are the lifted Jeep guys. Perhaps though, it's like you say. We seem to all know how rare it is to see another one of our cars around sometimes.
    I was thinking the same thing. I try to give every EP I see a double beep when ever I pass one by. Surprisingly enough that since I've started working at UNCC I've seen 3 or 4 around campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidward View Post
    So true man could not have said it better myself.
    I see one sometimes I beleieve he is a member on here. and then a couple randoms.
    Oh and there is this really old couple that drive a ssm 02 si, I loled when I caught up to them to find out they were old and didnt even notice mine.

kinda off topic:

i actually get a lot of people asking me why did i mod a "Honda fit" or why does my "Honda fit" only have two doors lol. i went to super autotoyz the other day and a older gentlemen comes up to me and asked me how does the fit drive and stuff and i told him it wasn't a fit and he kept telling me to stop messing around. it got to the point where he started getting very frustrated and stormed off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information