Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Makin it rain

JRSC auto tensioner belt length for 3.7 pulley

Gonna do this tomorrow, stock is 7 rib 65.3 inch long correct? Going to mock up my stock and try to guess it from there on the belt size.

good luck! post up your findings!

ephatch member
    use the gator back with the 2.5 rsx ten. it works great for me! i never have belt slip.

Makin it rain
    which gatorback did you use and you used the 2.5 rsx tensioner and shaved the bracket? That's what I have so far and my 62 1/8" gates belt is barely too small and the stock 65.3" belt is far too big. Also, I can only locate gates locally, who sells gatorbacks?

ephatch member
    oh snap u have a auto tensioner. i have the JR one. At my work i have a gates that will fit but it is a 8 rib belt. you can get Gatorbacks at auto zone just go in with the part number i think it 4070622. its a 62.2 in belt. if that does not work you will probly have to cut a rib off a 8 rib belt, not my first choice but doable.

Makin it rain
    Yeah just trying to make the auto work. I am gonna pick up a cheap dayco belt today 63" to see if it will fit and then go on an order gatorback off amazon. Seems like nobody around here has anything for me. I just had to dump the manual tensioner because it kept slipping (with the nut on the bottom, threads were stripped) and sometimes my hid's would flicker and same with radio.

Makin it rain
    Got the 63" on with the 4.0 pulley. So the 3.7 is somwhere between 62 1/8 and 63 but im content with the 4.0 for now on auto tensioner. I do however still have one problem, when i come to a stop or turn, sometimes my lights flash on (not exactly sure which ones yet) and my power steering/radio/lights go out and then come back on when i hit the gas. Could this be a weak battery or alternator? Really don't feel like messing with it right now but when i do i was wondering where to start if any of you had this problem.

sounds like a slipping belt issue

Quote Originally Posted by shortstop View Post
    Got the 63" on with the 4.0 pulley. So the 3.7 is somwhere between 62 1/8 and 63 but im content with the 4.0 for now on auto tensioner. I do however still have one problem, when i come to a stop or turn, sometimes my lights flash on (not exactly sure which ones yet) and my power steering/radio/lights go out and then come back on when i hit the gas. Could this be a weak battery or alternator? Really don't feel like messing with it right now but when i do i was wondering where to start if any of you had this problem.
    It is probably directly related to the belt slipping on the alternator, which is in return not charging the car properly. If the belt is not slipping it is most likely a faulty battery or alternator, or both. You can have both checked for free at autozone.

Makin it rain
    Im thinking it has to be belt slippage with the cheap ass dayco belt. May try gatorback. I put on the 4.0 with jrsc base map and im not too sure on the supercharger any more....I had a turbo gsr swap back in the day and I feel it would put busses on my ep.

Im thinking it has to be belt slippage with the cheap ass dayco belt. May try gatorback. I put on the 4.0 with jrsc base map and im not too sure on the supercharger any more....I had a turbo gsr swap back in the day and I feel it would put busses on my ep.
    well yea, it would dude, apples and oranges, a 184hp Bseries with a turbocharger vs a 160hp Ksereis with a supercharger, whole different ball game, get the 3.7 on, get a tune, and have some fun with evo's and sti's like me!

Got the 63" on with the 4.0 pulley. So the 3.7 is somwhere between 62 1/8 and 63 but im content with the 4.0 for now on auto tensioner.
    good info. thanks for posting it up! did you have to mod the oem tensioner other than shaving down the restrictor tab? I'm trying to collect as much info before I attempt this next week. much appreciated.

i've been out of the game for a while.. can somebody tell me where you guys got the auto tensioner? this is new stuff to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyVegasPinoy View Post
    i've been out of the game for a while.. can somebody tell me where you guys got the auto tensioner? this is new stuff to me.
    take the OEM tensioner that was replaced by the JR manual tensioner and modify it to work with the JRSC

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ioner-for-JRSC

i've been using the manual tensioner for like 3 years now and i never had a problem about slipping once the belt is properly break in. i have 3.7" jrsc pulley, 2.5" jrsc tensioner, a3 crank pulley, and i'm using 4080620 gatorback belt. just need to cut the one extra rib and your good to go. if you need more information you can search my user name. by the way, i'm running k20z1 motor and 6 speed tranny from k20z1 and watermethanol. i hope this help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information