Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonhead228 View Post
    SICK!!!
    I agree, my loins are sweaty!

Quote Originally Posted by Powers View Post
    Your motor makes me curious and wonder. I read its a stock motor with a jrsc. Now do you think you could break 300whp with the motor untouched and jrsc? What tranny are you running with the jrsc on there? Is the jrsc aftercooled or have meth injection? What motor mounts are you running and how stiff?
    300whp is easy with a smaller JRSC pulley and a bigger crank pulley. I am running the 4.0" JRSC and A3 crank pulley. I'll be moving to K24 skeletor pulley soon. I have the stock ITR K20a transmission. And I run the innovative (65A) street mounts, not stiff. I can feel the motor twist the exhaust with the 65A's. Changing those to the 95A mounts, mine are starting to sag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    ^ I can appreciate these a lot more as I am reading Vehicle Dynamics and Damping, which is written by the creator of JRZ. Great book. I hope you have a GoPro!
    I have the cheaper less problematic Swann Freestyle HD, no worries about software updates. The only difference is it's not stereo record. Meh, it works.

It's funny how hard the track is on the car. I found an axle that was spitting grease through the boot without a tear. Waiting on a new passenger axle an two new outer tie rod ends. I ripped a boot. Oh and some shims for the BBK, I fuxored two of those up. It's all ready to go. Roll fenders, corner weight and align. Back to the track!

Christian

If your goal was to have a reliable 300 whp daily driven weekend warrior car what would you go with for mounts? 75a?

I just realized you still can loose more weight with carbon fenders hood doors and a hatch. That's insanity man. I hope I can get my Ep down to 2300 pounds someday.

Just updated the list a little. Everything NEW has (Update) next to it. Waiting on J's racing wide fenders. Which is pissing me off. Almost 3 months now coming from Japan. Waiting for alignment and corner weight, need fenders.

@Powers, yea I am hesitant to get into CF hood, dunno why I just am not sold on the quality. The hatch is an issue since I have Lexan in the back and I am not sure it can be removed and re-installed without damage. We'll see if the J's fenders are any lighter IF I EVER FUCKING GET THEM. Never buy J's again after this. Ordered on May 15th and still waiting for the mule to get them to the US. Can you tell I am pissed. In the year 2013 it shouldn't take 2.5 months for fenders to get made and shipped from Japan. More coming soon!

Christian

Holy shit that's a long time. I just got my brakes after a month of waiting and that had me pissed. I can only imagine how it is for you. Hopefully they're quality is outstanding for that kind of wait and money.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaFreak View Post
    Just updated the list a little. Everything NEW has (Update) next to it. Waiting on J's racing wide fenders. Which is pissing me off. Almost 3 months now coming from Japan. Waiting for alignment and corner weight, need fenders.

@Powers, yea I am hesitant to get into CF hood, dunno why I just am not sold on the quality. The hatch is an issue since I have Lexan in the back and I am not sure it can be removed and re-installed without damage. We'll see if the J's fenders are any lighter IF I EVER FUCKING GET THEM. Never buy J's again after this. Ordered on May 15th and still waiting for the mule to get them to the US. Can you tell I am pissed. In the year 2013 it shouldn't take 2.5 months for fenders to get made and shipped from Japan. More coming soon!

Christian
    Good luck man…. they shipped me the wrong fenders twice (fit wide fenders first two times) before my EP3 J’s fenders finally showed up (cracked) after waiting 6 months. I was too afraid to send them back and never get anything back so I kept the cracked fenders and now they're sitting in my basement collecting dust.

They’re pretty damn light BTW, but I can’t imagine stock fenders are heavy to start with.

Christian, should you have the urge, it would be nice to see some before and after fender pics. Have you altered the height yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
    Christian, should you have the urge, it would be nice to see some before and after fender pics. Have you altered the height yet?
    I've got the car sitting as low as I can until I get it corner weighed and aligned. We'll go as low as we can with the proper suspension travel (1.5"). I'll definitely get before and after shots. From what my suspension guy has told me, hitting the frame is the issue; not hitting fenders. Then end goal is to widen the front track with 17x9's with 255's up front and change the rears to 225/45/17. Ight now the rear has too much grip running 235/40/17 all the way around.

One thing at a time though.

Christian

Clean. <3

I know this is a long time bump, but just wondering what's happened with this car in the last couple of years. This car and Guardian's are my inspiration.

Still alive. Working out track bugs. Seems the new suspension and quicker track times have added issues I didn't have before. 1) Fuel starvation. Yes I am having major fuel slosh issues. If my tank is not full I run into air pockets and power loss. I have a solution, but lately, no time. 2) Oil issues. I WAS losing pressure. I had/have some not so great aftermarket bits in my oil pan. Removed one and it got better, need to remove the other. Myself and Evan have/had the same issues. I don't remember Evan's user name here. He went with a Mugen pan, I am going a slightly different road. But the thing to steer clear of is the Clockwise oil pan baffle. Basically it worked for neither of us. I took a job with a big tech company and it's sucking my life away. This is the year I come back or I will literally DIE trying.

Christian

Quote Originally Posted by gtolio View Post
    I know this is a long time bump, but just wondering what's happened with this car in the last couple of years. This car and Guardian's are my inspiration.

damn. glad to know this build is still going! mine just got taken from me :( but yours makes me almost want to get a cheap one and swap everything over!

you're my hero freak.

Love everything about this build!

Needs moar turbo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information