Close

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Loving this build! That battery kills me with, such a big empty space and smack dab in the middle, this tiny battery. Can't believe how small they're getting from when the buddy club race spec was about the tiniest available when i was tracking my EP.

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Haha it will always be a street car so no cage, but I do plan on making it a sleeper that is a beast on the circuit. Something like Mines GTR. Full interior but a stitch welded and reinforced chassis ;-)
    I'm just saying that other EP owners, which i prefer not to say names ( my that's a big Moon in the sky ), have caged cars that only see trailers. Closest thing to racing is the 3-5mph roll in order to get those cover shots. Then it's back onto the trailer and tucked away for the year.

Sad such nicely built cars are never tracked....
    Last edited by 20CiviC02Si; 03-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.

I would like to inquire about the Plastic4Performance kit.
    The company is in the UK right? Did they rape you with shipping? What about the cut, did they trace a CTR glass with the cut-outs up top or the USDM?

So happy to hear you got it up and ready for the track Christian!!! I got my helmet ready for some ride a longs!!!

-Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Kerby View Post
    I would like to inquire about the Plastic4Performance kit.
    The company is in the UK right? Did they rape you with shipping? What about the cut, did they trace a CTR glass with the cut-outs up top or the USDM?
    Yes in the UK
    No, they didn't rape me FedEx and customs did. After I got my windows FedEx sent me a $56 bill for customs. WTF? I paid $680ish shipped for 2 port and one rear. Port windows are 3mm and rear window is 4mm. The port windows are PERFECT! The raer window has cust for the UKDM rear whale tale spoiler. Like the BTCC cars use. Yes CTR or JDM spoiler cut outs, not US.

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    So happy to hear you got it up and ready for the track Christian!!! I got my helmet ready for some ride a longs!!!
    June is the next chance. Maybe it will be dry.

This weekend was my first time back to the road course with a fully caged EP. I knew it was going to rain, I just had no idea NorCal would be hit with a freaking MONSOON the weekend I want to go learn the car.

Here are some things I learned this weekend driving in rain:

Just because you THINK your ready for the track doesn't mean you are.
    I was worried that NOT having windshield wipers would be an issue. It wasn't.
    I thought I would have to put my full tread toyo's on. I did not. I used my shaved toyo's (no tread, bald). They worked better than expected.
    A window net does keep a lot of rain off of you.
    A CAI in the rain, with a JRSC is a sure fire way to pull water into your motor. So far doesn't look like any damage. I was only having issue's in boost. The rest of the time I had no issue's.

The first session Saturday was a bust. Audi in the tire wall in T11 black flagged the session. Woohoo 3 laps. Driver said he came in too hot hit the brakes, nothing. Pumped the brakes, nothing. Tire wall=1 Audi=0.
    Second session, nothing but getting run over because TT was running with group 4.
    Third session I realized my intake was sucking up water in boost. I threw a check engine light and decided to save it.

I had almost no understeer issue's. The point was finesse, my camber, toe and caster have nothing to do with HOW I input into the car. I had no spins or driving issue's, just car prep issue's.

I love my seat, I love my steering position in general. I was really comfortable. I didn't take any video. It was so wet and windy I had trouble keeping dry, no heater in my EP. My wife and 11 month old were with me and by the end of day Saturday we were all tired of being cold and wet. So we left early. The place was pretty empty when we left, it takes a lot to chase people from the track. The next event isn't until June. Hopefully it won't be raining.

Christian

Thanks for responding.

why you go with 3mm on the port windows and 4mm on the rear?
    wonder if they can send me a sample of their stuff. Debating between the bronze or clear.

Following this build. Ridiculous. Nicely done!

Damn sounds like your car is dialed!! Well i'm pretty sure it wont rain in june... it never really does, so when you go hit me up i'd love to tag along. And omfzomgrofl!!!!!!!!!! Your boy is already 11 months old????????!!!!! Damn where has the time gone??

-Rob

Thanks for responding.

why you go with 3mm on the port windows and 4mm on the rear?
    wonder if they can send me a sample of their stuff. Debating between the bronze or clear.
    I went with 3mm on port windows for weight. Honestly, the .5lb difference is meaningless. I was going to get silver windows, then I thought about heat absorbsion, and then went with clear. I wouldn't bother asking for samples just measure a piece for thickness at home depot. 3mm is .118" or slightly under 1/8". 4mm is .157" or just a hair over 1/8". It's such a minor difference.

Quote Originally Posted by doubledouble View Post
    Following this build. Ridiculous. Nicely done!
    It's about to get crazier! Stay tuned for weight reduction madness!

Quote Originally Posted by 27rocks View Post
    Damn sounds like your car is dialed!! Well i'm pretty sure it wont rain in june... it never really does, so when you go hit me up i'd love to tag along. And omfzomgrofl!!!!!!!!!! Your boy is already 11 months old????????!!!!! Damn where has the time gone??
    I'll be going alone in June. No wife or kid so I can be stress free. Yea man your welcome to come. I'm not sure where the hell time has gone. Pretty soon Tyler will want to drive.

Which gets me thinking about finding a co-driver. Hmmm might help offsett the cost.

Christian

whats the thickness of our OEM glass?

Quote Originally Posted by HondaFreak View Post

I'll be going alone in June. No wife or kid so I can be stress free. Yea man your welcome to come. I'm not sure where the hell time has gone. Pretty soon Tyler will want to drive.

Which gets me thinking about finding a co-driver. Hmmm might help offsett the cost.

Christian
    Hahaha well i'm always down for time behind the wheel on a track, but i need a job to feed my addiction so i will have to play copilot and read the turns off my papers.

-Rob

whats the thickness of our OEM glass?
    It's roughly 1/8" @ 7+lbs each for port
    The rear is thicker @ 15+lbs

If you bond them in, thickness won't matter. I had mine bonded in. Looks so stock people can't tell and overlook the lexan completely. I'd personally go clear. But either way I put like 8-10 lbs of lexan in place of 25+lbs of glass.

Christian

Keep up the great work!

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20CiviC02Si View Post
    I'm just saying that other EP owners, which i prefer not to say names ( my that's a big Moon in the sky ), have caged cars that only see trailers. Closest thing to racing is the 3-5mph roll in order to get those cover shots. Then it's back onto the trailer and tucked away for the year.

Sad such nicely built cars are never tracked....
    as far as i know.. he's tracking it this season or whenever he gets shit str8..

Man this is bad ass!!!
    Hope I see you driving on the street sometime so I can wish this were my car even more!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information