Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I have been tossing around the idea of getting carpet, the cost will be about the same as the bedliner. I was looking at StockInteriors ultra-plush with heavy backing in med grey.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 06-26-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Hey about that Lizardskin: How much weight does that add? 20-30lbs? I what to find out how much you actually use before I order mine. I think that my CRX could use that

The weight will be substantually less than Dynamat. Dont really have weighed it, but their site does say it is lighter.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 10-14-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Started the masking and I will spray the LizardSkin this weekend, crappy weather and a great hate of sanding, has added time onto this debacle.

Forgot to mention that I installed Cf patchs over the two small holes in the rear from the rust and the one boo-boo I created with the hammer and fine chisel up front, oouuch. WindoWeld and Cf patches. I could have simply stitch welded patchs in the rear and front, but I had the WindoWeld out for another small project and I already had the preformed Cf patch material, so I said why not.

Damn man, no offense but that car is in rough shape. Its crazy how much rust there was in that interior. Much praise for taking the time to deal with the problem the right way though, man it looks like a shit ton of work...

That isnt rough shape at all, there was no panel replacement required, I have seen far worse with even newer year car's up here in salt country, but it would have spread and would have became rough shape very quickly! LOL.

The dynamat issue was unfortunate to say the least and a lesson learned for sure!

I had been contemplating selling the EP3(sorta) and glad I didnt, not in that hidden condition!

Yes it is a fair amount of work, more than most would do themselves. But the alternative was living with a rust bucket with a short life. I would hate to see the bill for this work from a shop, especially at the same work standards as I mine.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 06-22-2010 at 06:41 AM.

What kind of car are you interested in if you don't mind me asking? I would think with all your knowledge it would be something with a K in it!

Yeah I hear you. It just surprised me because my car has always been a northeast car and as far as I know has seen every winter and not a spot of rust. I guess the hatch leak and occasional moonroof waterfalls are what fueled all that interior rust. Nice to see it all encapsulated though. Im guessing the product youre using is similar to POR15? I recently did all my fender wells and suspension parts in POR to prevent rust from forming and for that fresh look. Its such badass stuff.

Im also interested in trying out that Lizard skin stuff. How much did the bucket you purchased weigh, and how much do you think you will end up using by the end of the project? Just trying to gauge how much weight will be added. I may only want to do my door panels.

got any more updated photos you can post up? I'm really liking this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Im guessing the product youre using is similar to POR15? I recently did all my fender wells and suspension parts in POR to prevent rust from forming and for that fresh look. Its such badass stuff.

Im also interested in trying out that Lizard skin stuff. How much did the bucket you purchased weigh, and how much do you think you will end up using by the end of the project? Just trying to gauge how much weight will be added. I may only want to do my door panels.
    The POR15 crap fails within 1 hard winter and allows rust to form underneath it. The ChassiSaver I used is an entirely different product that has been proven on many snow removal trucks up here in the north.

The lizardskin comes in 2 gallon buckets and it weighs around 38lbs, I will be using 4 gallons of the sound control and 2 gallons of the ceramic thermal insulation. BUT after the carrier evaporates the weight is significantly less, far less than what Dynamat weighs for the same size area.

Any updates their Doug?

Update.....

Well the temps and humidity have dropped enough to spray the LizardSkin. Besides I have been up at the mtn lake cabin for a couple weeks during the day due to the heat.

first coat on the cab floor

in the back

here it is with the two coats of the Sound Control, tomorrow I will spray the LizardSkin Thermal Control, notice the newly sprayed SoundControl is a light blue gray, and drys to a flat medium grey color.

I also sprayed the backside of the left and right rear plastic. I got the full amount of SoundControl on them and I tried rapping on the plastic and was rather dissapointed with the typical plastic sound. BUT I went out after the SC had dried a couple of hours and tried rapping on the plastic and it made a thud sound instead of the typical plastic thwack sound, I also tried rapping the cab floor and it also had the nice dull thud sound.

Wow, that looks great!! Brand new touch. Way to go.

Here are the backside of the rear panels

The first coat of the Thermal barrier, it is a very lightweight ceramic filled goop.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information