Close

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    I suppose next spring she will get the entire underside and firewall coated with the Ceramic LizardSkin followed with a coat of Cosmic Grey Pearl in preparation for the exterior color change.

This evening I broke out the sandblaster and hit the backside of the rest of the plastic panels. The light grey plastic pillar trims really looked tired and dirty, so I blasted the exposed interior surfaces with a extra fine sand at a lower pressure and they cleaned up very nicely without loosing any of the surface texture. I think I will find some darker grey plastic trim paint and tone them down a bit.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 07-18-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

The headliner and light grey plastic trim are all now satin black and reinstalled, looks great!

I just picked up the monstaliner floor covering/bed liner and will install it this weekend. And THEN the sidepanels and front seats can go back in.

Looks fantastic, Doug

Well there is finally a warm enough day, with the following 24hrs above 55 degrees. I had scuffed up the Lizardskin and wiped down with mek several weeks ago, did another blow out and wipe down.

I mixed up the Monstaliner and started applying it into the corners in a dabbing motion and then rolled out the flat areas. First coat done, second coat in 5 hours.

I had a rippin buzz after the first coat....forgot the carbon prefilter on my mask...

The second coat gives the distinctive bed liner texture, and it will be 100% UV proof. It will have a satin finish when cured. When the sun directly hits the liner material it DOES NOT get hot.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 09-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Here is the Monstaliner second coat with the texture, I really like the way this has turned out!

I started to put the plastic trim back in along with the Ebrake etc. I had shut the doors and there was absolutely no echo inside, plus the reduction in outside noise is impressive, and that is without the panels, floor mats and seats! I hit up the two door sill plastic trim pieces with the sandblaster to clean them up of a few years of abuse, the sandblaster really works well on the plastic!
    Last edited by talonXracer; 09-13-2010 at 01:44 PM.

i'm curious to see how quiet it will be with the interior put back in place.

what it started as,

And here it is all fixicated,,,

I have given the Monstaliner a week to really cure as it has been a little on the cool side, and this stuff is tough! I applied it to a piece of scrap metal and have pounded the crap out of it with a hammer, just a few scuff marks!!!

Lets see, 2-3 coats of chassis saver with a brush, 3 coats of SC, 3 coats of TC, 3 bags of poly-fill and 2 coats of Monstaliner.

I have some overspray that I hope comes off with the buffer, otherwise I will just have to clean it off the best I can and wait until the exterior gets painted to address the overspray.
    Last edited by talonXracer; 09-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.

any updates? interested in how quieter lizard skin is compared to dynamat

bump for future doings

I just procured a spare hood for the summer project. I plan on blocking it out and pulling a mold from it, then I have a bunch of Cf, Rohacell and MSG epoxy and will pop out a aero grade hood.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    I just procured a spare hood for the summer project. I plan on blocking it out and pulling a mold from it, then I have a bunch of Cf, Rohacell and MSG epoxy and will pop out a aero grade hood.
    hell yeah!

your interior restoration was inspirational to say the least as well. awesome work

LOL, Yeah I almost purchased a Cf hood for the EP several years ago, but after fondling the hood in person there was no way I was going to pay that kind of money for such a flimsy composite. A proper composite hood should be able to be placed between two saw horses and a 200 lb man stand in the center without any issues what-so-ever!

mmm...torque :D
    is there a coming diy thread i sense? lol

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    LOL, Yeah I almost purchased a Cf hood for the EP several years ago, but after fondling the hood in person there was no way I was going to pay that kind of money for such a flimsy composite. A proper composite hood should be able to be placed between two saw horses and a 200 lb man stand in the center without any issues what-so-ever!
    Overbuild much?

Seriously though. Why would you need a hood to be that strong? Do you have people standing on your hood often? If companies built a hood like I really believe you will build a hood they would have to charge so much for it they couldn't sell it. Just not sound business. They build the hoods as strong as they need to be to handle the loads they need to handle.

Most people are doing it for looks anyway.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information