Hey all,

So I saw a Blitzsafe iPod interface for sale in the classifieds, and I decided to snag it. Installed it yesterday, didn't finish until today due to lack of tools (needed a socket wrench with an extension to get one of those 90 degree screws out..)

Anyhow, I was hoping I would be able to route the cables from the radio to the container hidden underneath the cupholders, but unfortunately, i didnt know that the containment is sealed, and I am not going to make holes on my center console.

So what I did instead was run the wires through the back, to the passenger footwell area, so I can get the actual cable that plugs to the iPod to plug to the cable from the Blitzsafe box there, to help with troubleshooting. Then I snuck the cable underneath the center console "skirt" on the passenger side, so it can emerge approximately where the sliding cupholder ends.

The Blitzsafe box itself is located on that little void that you can access if you take the glovebox out. It is directly to the left of where the left glovebox "hook" hooks. No photos of this one, because I thought of taking pictures only after I was done, unfortunately.

It connects to the rear of the stock radio, right next to the vehicle connectors, there would be an empty interface for things such as this, or an external multidisc changer

Pictures would speak better, so without further adieu, here we are:

Where the Blitz-iPod connection is made (passenger footwell area)

what it looks like (i pulled it out so it can be seen -- otherwise, i tuck it away)

i tucked it under the center console, to emerge around this area

iPod out operation

stealth mode

how i would operate it while driving

the view from outside, peeking in, hands cupped to block sunlight -- not very obvious that its there, and to those who doesnt know the cupholder does slide to reveal a compartment, they'll have some thinking to do to determine what the heck that cable could be

what the passenger can see -- not much

what the OEM radio will be telling you (you press CD/AUX twice, so it would think there's a multi disc changer attached)

what the blitzsafe thing looks like (taken from their site)

Like I said, just wanted to share, and also because I feel damn proud that I spent 5 hours in the car obsessing over how to do this, and getting stuck with a stuck 90 degree bolt