Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    item number? i checked the site and theres no specific choice

Add a toggle switch the cut the power to the blitz device... batteries suck.

Just completed this install and I should have done it years ago after relying on FM Transmitters. I bought the interface from speedster and followed his instructions, which were fairly easy. I just have to figure out a way to run the cable to the iPod so it's more aesthetically pleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    Just completed this install and I should have done it years ago after relying on FM Transmitters. I bought the interface from speedster and followed his instructions, which were fairly easy. I just have to figure out a way to run the cable to the iPod so it's more aesthetically pleasing.

Compartment under the cup holder is what most people do

I installed this last night in about 20 minutes, I ran it to my glovebox

Quote Originally Posted by losingit01 View Post
    item number? i checked the site and theres no specific choice
    http://forums.clubep3.com/showthread.php?t=778024

This should help
    Last edited by brennaneli; 08-10-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Is there any way to add an AUX cable without having to buy the adapter? Im wanting to put my stock head unit back in but i really use the Aux cable. The cheapest adapter i found was 50, money is tight so i cant afford that right now. If anyone has done this please let me know what you guys did thanks

I had a Blitzsafe interface when my factory player was still installed, I loved it! It was the model that had RCA inputs so you could just buy an RCA to 3.5mm adaptor cable to hook it up to most any player. I now have a Kenwood KDC-X589 with an external Kenwood iPod interface. The iPod is in a sleeve attached to the front panel inside the glove box.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
    You could also do that one compartment under the cupholders. it's pretty subtle and can be taken in and out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by vicx52o View Post
    It does work/function fine and it does say that it is charging... But I know for sure it shouldn't get super hot when it is plugged in... The metal rim/antenna that goes around the phone get's REALLY hot.
    From my experience with phones/MP3's, when i'm charging something and using it at the same time, (such as charging my phone and talking) it causes it to heat up. it's probably normal, because i've had this happen to every phone i've ever owned and they've all worked fine.

Registered User mitchlikesbikes's Avatar
    holy back from the dead bump batman.

These adapters will heat up the device because it is in use while it charges. My IPOD battery started to go bad before I noticed what was happening to it. BUT there are was to take care of it, IE not leaving it plugged in or when its full charged disconnect it/use it until the battery drains a bit and then reconnect and use. I started doing this and noticed the battery performance improved a bit. This install shouldn't take more than 20 minutes and its a breeze if you have a tiny phillips head screw driver. I will post a pic of mine later.

Ordered mine- should be in tomorrow or Monday. Kinda stoked for it. Tired of replacing radios (had 3 stolen total : 2 out of my old spyder and 1 out of the EP. With the EP they took the entire dash!) so when looking for something low profile and cheap I came across this-

I plan on cutting a corner off the cd pocket and running it in there. Also replacing door and rear speakers with kickers : )

screw.jpg

With this little screw driver, the install of this adapter should be a breeze. Or if you have to gain access behind the radio or take off the trim etc. I purchased a 2pc set from Harbor Freight ages ago.
    Last edited by Iluvcars; 04-13-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Registered User Her-Name's-Ally's Avatar
    Does this have an aux cord to plug in a cell phone too?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information