Installed a set of Alpine Type-S 6.5" Component speakers in the front doors yesterday and took some pics of the install. Not very hard to do if you just take your time and don't try and rush it. I have a set of SPS-600s for the back coming and as soon as I get them I'll add the install to this post.

Parts needed
- Alpine Type-S Component Speakers, 6.5" (P/N: SPS-600C)
- Front Speaker Adapters for Accord/Civic (I bought ones for a Ridgeline, Scosche SAHR6, because I couldn't find a the Accord/Civic ones from a website I was comfortable ordering from)
- Speaker Harness if not using an amp (Metra P/N:72-7800)

Tools needed
- Philips Screwdriver
- Dremel with cutting wheel and grinder
- Exacto knife
- Super glue
- Drill and 4 short sheet metal screws if using Ridgeline Speaker Adapters
- Hacksaw
- Bench vise

Alpine Type-S Component (SPS-600C) Front Speaker Installation

Tweeter Prep
- Roll down windows.
- Remove and prepare Tweeter panels. (Pull toward you from the top and lift out.)
- Remove OEM tweeters. (Pull tweeter out of housing from back. Held in with 3-4 tabs.)
- Remove OEM tweeter grill. (Push out from back by depressing 3 tabs.)
- Use dremel and grinding wheel to increase opening to allow Alpine flush mount tweeter ring to be press fit in. Use exacto knife to de-burr opening. You need to be very careful to not over grind the opening, you want the mounting ring to be very snug when pressed in. One done press out ring to apply glue.
- Using super glue (I used Loctite Super Glue for All Plastics P/N: 01-34925-01) to put a bead of glue around the speaker ring between the threads and the flush mount surface. Press ring back into speaker housing and hold for cure time (30 seconds for the glue I used).
- Repeat for other side.

- Install tweeters into mounting ring.

Woofer Prep
- Install woofer into speaker adapter using screws included with speakers. Make sure speaker wire hook-ups are at the bottom of the speaker adapter. (Flat side is the bottom)
- Remove screws used to install woofer into adapter. The screws protrude beyond the speaker adapter and will prevent it from installing into the door. You need to cut somewhere between a 1/4" to a 1/2" off of the screws. You need to thread them into the speaker mount first to make some threads in the plastic while the screw still has the sharp tip. Place the screw into your bench vise and cut the tip off with a hacksaw. Do not over tighten the bench vise or you risk damaging the treads. Re-install the speaker using your shortened screws.
- Install speaker harness to outside speaker tabs (tweeter will hook up to the inside tabs).

Install Speakers
- Remove door panels using instructions in shop manual
- Remove OEM woofer by sliding a screw driver into the top between the door and the speaker. This will depress the metal tab holding the speaker in. Pull the top toward you and slide the speaker up and out. Disconnect harness from speaker.
- Drop the speaker wire that connects the tweeter to the woofer down the inside of the door from the tweeter location to the woofer location. Large and small receptacles need to be at the bottom, small tab and small receptacle at the top. Zip tie the wire the internal door wire harness to prevent rattling.
- Connect the speaker harness attached to the new woofer to the harness in the door.
- Wrap rectangular foam sheets around harness connector that were included with speakers. This will prevent harness from rattling against window when down.
- Connect tweeter wire to center tabs on speaker.
- Place speaker adapter into the opening by sliding the bottom tabs in and pressing the top into location. (if using ridgeline adapter just slide the bottom tabs in. Using your power drill make two holes in the door sheet metal through the two top mounting locations. Use your sheet metal screws to attach the speaker adapter)

- Door panels need to be modified because the speakers are a little taller than the OEM. Remove the foam around the speaker ring on the door panel. Trim plastic ring down as close to speaker grill as possible.

- Test speakers, if not working check connections.
- Re-install door panels by reversing the removal instructions.
- Connect tweeters to speaker wire you ran between the woofer and the original tweeter area.
- Reinstall tweeter housing by sliding bottom into place and pressing tab in at top.

- Pat yourself on the back, crank up the tunes, and re adjust your stereo settings. You'll definitely need to.

Alpine Type-S (SPS-600) Rear Speaker Installation
- Coming soon