Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

RetroFitted been done yet on 02 headlights?

I searched but didnt find anything. I like the 04+ ctr projector style headlights but I like my 02 headlights better for some reason. I don't like the outline bubble shape in the lense of the 04+. So that brought me to the conclusion of retro fitting my 02's, painting them, hid, led signals etc. So has anyone else done it yet? I wanna prap as much as I can and research what projector will fit the best, tsx comes to mind at the moment. So any advice before I start would be awesome, and when I start on it here soon, I'll defiantly do a walkthrough and take pics. Thanks nick

Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    If you are talking about retrofitting and then putting the lens from the 02-03 headlights onto a 04-05 style housing, I've thought about it, but never tried it. I was thinking about trying the opposite. Putting 04-05 lenses onto 02-03 housings.

No im thinking about putting a projector into the 02-03 housing and leaving the rest the same. Paint it and hid it. But is that outline bubble shape part of the lense on the 04+?

the parts aren't interchangable between the 2 headlight styles (lenses, shroud trim, turn signal area, etc).

And yes people have put projectors in the 02-03 headlight style.
    Ed~

It has been done...I think it was ocleris or something like that who did it.

I believe the member 'paulmofyourhand' successfully retrofitted some bi-xenon projector's into his 02/03 headlight's.

Hmm I would love too see how their's turned out. I've sourced out most of the parts I wanna use. 3 day weekend coming up I may just go for it. I really wanna see what they used to seal up the back of the projector after they were done..

You can buy the stock ones for sure, and get the HID components in parts or whole through The Retrofit Source.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasy View Post
    You can buy the stock ones for sure, and get the HID components in parts or whole through The Retrofit Source.
    Theretrofitsource used to sell more DIY stuff. I have some in-progress pics of a retrofit I did a long time ago.

I know precisionworkz offer retrofitted headlights though I have no idea about the quality of their work.

Lightwerkz did my retrofit in house. Of course, I work a couple of miles from them. But they're very easy to deal with, either online or on the phone. I'd look through their website as one of the first things I'd do.

Thread Information