Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3" exhaust pics

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    u'll prolly free up a few up top.. nothing crazy tho.. my car breathes alot easier now lol.. btw Dan.. im five lugged now too
    yea i know man i saw your pics, lookin good! you gonna be at honda day at etown?

One cool duck, with a hat Heitzke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    DOES not sound good on all motor car, buddy has an RSX with it, sounds like garbage, only sounds good with boost. what exhaust do you have?
    Boooo, oh well. Rockin' the $149 3" DC5 exhaust..

This exhaust has changed tone a little bit since I've been driving around and its more tolerable tone-wise. When I got back from work today I unbolted the axel-back section, took a cut-off wheel to the tip and cut about 3-3.5" off it, sprayed the whole thing flat black and it looks a shitload better. I have a bunch of pics to share of the whole exhaust, I'll have to try to get on that when I get back home later tonight.

Ok... found my camera cable and got some pics.

On the car: (I'll take some more pics later)

Sway Clearance

Stupid fucking long tip - (with blue tape to show the cut off)

Leftover piece -

On the car, cut and flat black -

Just to keep this clear from the pics. Few notes:

-The shop basically added a few inches and the necessary angling of the flange to meet the midpipe.

-Even with with a header of sufficient length, I can't verify that it will bolt up correctly.

-The axel-back part is retardedly long, as is the muffler... and the tip. They cut off a portion of the bend over the rear LCA and rewelded the muffler.

-Please note in the pics how horrible the muffler looks without some further modification. This thing is super long.

-This exhaust is LOUD. I'll have to get some exhaust clips sometime soon.

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    my custom 3" with vibrant sleeper muffler. Best part quiet as shit and none of that ricer fart can noise

Quote Originally Posted by Heitzke View Post
    Just to keep this clear from the pics. Few notes:

-The shop basically added a few inches and the necessary angling of the flange to meet the midpipe.

-Even with with a header of sufficient length, I can't verify that it will bolt up correctly.

-The axel-back part is retardedly long, as is the muffler... and the tip. They cut off a portion of the bend over the rear LCA and rewelded the muffler.

-Please note in the pics how horrible the muffler looks without some further modification. This thing is super long.

-This exhaust is LOUD. I'll have to get some exhaust clips sometime soon.
    that does not look to bad at all! once the tip was cut of course, and i dont care about loud. cant be much louder than my car now, but i have a freind who is very skilled in exhaust fab, so i may get this and have him modify it for me, and throw the muffler on a nice JDM angle ;) i love the way my HKS looks, just hate the 2.3" part

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    this is my 3" setup with my cat on.. so im still legal lol.. not bad for 150.. then i have it going into a 3" twin loop.. sounds stock until 7lbs of boost lol

I used a Kteller weld up kit with a skunk2 3" muffler and had my friend weld it up...no clearance issues, but had to do a little trimming to fit.
    3" stainless steel pipe around $250 plus the muffler.
    compared to my skunk2 mega exhaust.

from the down pipe back...no Cat, no resonater, and sounds similar to my skunk 2 mega...but a little deeper sound, and can hear the turbo whistle

No clearance issues

does the muffler have to be a 3'' one or can you use any muffler and weld the exhaust pipe to the back of the muffler...i want to change all my piping to 3'' since im putting my turbo together but i want to keep my hks hi-power muffler...

they sell a universal 3" inlet Hi-power.

http://www.thmotorsports.com/hks/hks...7/i-38121.aspx

I like your idea though. I've thought about getting all the mid pipes 3" and doing an axle back Mugen.
    Last edited by Kerby; 08-09-2010 at 11:47 AM.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    u can do a reducer.. but it would be kinda pointless

Quote Originally Posted by nmrwr85 View Post
    I used a Kteller weld up kit with a skunk2 3" muffler and had my friend weld it up...no clearance issues, but had to do a little trimming to fit.
    3" stainless steel pipe around $250 plus the muffler.
    compared to my skunk2 mega exhaust.

from the down pipe back...no Cat, no resonater, and sounds similar to my skunk 2 mega...but a little deeper sound, and can hear the turbo whistle

No clearance issues

I WANT A VID! This is basically the exact setup I want..

ephatch member
    i wish I had a real reason to go 3 inch. I am slowly accumulating the parts for a 2.5in exhaust. I have a 2.5in hushpower II resonator and I am thinking about getting a reducer and flipping it so that after the resonator it goes to 3in because I am thinking about picking up the hushpower pro turn down muffler that is only made in 3in and 3.5in inlets.

just saw a vid with a Hushpower II resonator and I must concur on using it. Sounds so good!

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs02si View Post
    I WANT A VID! This is basically the exact setup I want..
    Heres a video from my track run. I love the sound of my exhaust, its not raspy like a lot of exhausts. Its got a pretty nice deep tone to it. Kind of hard to hear over my open dump tube though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetvmk9BQ-k
    Last edited by EP3 FTW; 10-30-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information