Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Pressure?

Air Pressure?

The recommended air pressure is 33/30 front/rear. The max air pressure on the tire is 44psi. Should I pump it up to the recommended? What do you guys pump up to? 33/30 seems way too small. Please reply I have a long road trip tomorrow and would like to know some inputs.
    Last edited by powdbyrice; 10-09-2008 at 03:17 PM.

I pump up to max. Saves gas lols... Don't know if that's true but it doesn't bother me cause I have 55 series tires.

you are not supposed to fill it up to the psi it says on the tire, it wil not give you better gas mileage and it will also ride rougher and cause the tires to wear out down the center rather than evenly

i put the recommended psi in the tires, or you can do 32 all around

Your tires should always be filled COLD. So that means not driving on them for at least 30 minutes depending on ambient temps before filling them. 33 psi is what's on your door sil, that's what you fill your tires to. It has to do with the weight of your car. You can expect about a 3-5psi increase depending on how warm it is and how hard you drive. If you guys want your tires to last, you should never fill them to the max psi of the tire. It will cause bulging and uneven tire wear. Your not saving gas by over filling your tire, your just ruining your tire, decreasing tire performance and putting yourself in danger. I run 30 to 33 psi at the race track.

Christian

If you're going to be going on a trip i'd recommend bumping the psi up to around 35 all the way around if you plan on loading up the ep. the increase in weight correlates to the need to increase the psi slightly. if it's just passengers then perhaps drop the rears to 33psi. never, ever run the max. that is the max the tire can safely hold. and once you start to drive, the heat build up increases that pressure. but other than that, the recommended psi is a balance between ride comfort and wear. so go with that for DD...

When I was in Thailand on vacation I saw this dude wtih an old toyota truck with a huge load. He said he inflated the tires to 55psi.

ephatch member
    You should fill to the factory spec indicated on the door jamb sticker. The psi stamped on the tire is the maximum the tire itself can hold before causing damage, not the recommended pressure. Having said that, I run my street tires at ~35psi.

Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MOOGEN View Post
    When I was in Thailand on vacation I saw this dude wtih an old toyota truck with a huge load. He said he inflated the tires to 55psi.
    he probably had a 6ply tire or higher. the load range would have been higher, therefore the max pressure would be higher. the Ford F-250 Powerstrokes and the Chevy 2500 Duramax' recommended psi stock is 60psi front 80psi in the rear. they can do that because 1.they are heavy trucks that can carry large loads and 2. they use 8 and 10ply tires. that have re-enforced sidewalls.
    normal passenger tires would be technically classified as 4 ply tires. and do not come with any type of sidewall re-enforcement. air your tires up to 55psi and see how far you go before you're showing steel down the middle or they blow.

People do crazy shit in Thailand. This truck was no where near a full ton. This is a good thread. who would of thought.

33/30 it is. Thanks everyone

Since when were you in ThaiLand? LoL...j/k...

A long while back. Dag xwb!

Eh Tub, koj puas paub tias kuv twb muag cov projector fogs lawm nab?
    Last edited by MOOGEN; 05-28-2010 at 05:50 PM.

A long while back. Dag xwb!

Eh Tub, koj puas paub tias kuv twb muag cov projector fogs lawm nab?
    LoL...Kuv tsis paub es...really?

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    LoL...Kuv tsis paub es...really?
    Yep. Did you fix your door actuator yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information