Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: comptech s/c

comptech s/c

does anyone have the comptech s/c? i was told by a shop that they can get one for me. i thought BS because i thought they were discontinued. just want to know what everyone else thinks because i know you guys are more help than any other forum. thanks in advance

Makin it rain
    my buddy is on tsxclub and says a lot of them like it

comptech is definitely quality. if they can get you one for less or the same price of a jrsc go for it

i was quoted same price for a RSX-s. i live in CA and they said its street legal and will give me sticker to prove it. its alot more than the jrsc street but is quality worth the extra money?

quality is good, but you have to remember the company is out of business so any problems you have related to the manufacturing process you are probably SOL.

if it were me, since it's more than the JRSC, i'd go with the Jackson version since 1) the company still exists and can make things right if needed 2) it's cheaper

hope that helps

isn't there a problem with the comptech unit fitting in the ep? something about having to mod the radiator support for it to fit? i'm not 100% sure though so dont quote me on that.

i though that comptech uses the same charger as JR. so the extra $ is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by beechstreet View Post
    isn't there a problem with the comptech unit fitting in the ep? something about having to mod the radiator support for it to fit? i'm not 100% sure though so dont quote me on that.
    yeah, it doesn't fit...you have to customize it...So far, I don't know anyone with a EP3 that has a comptech S/C...The only ones I know are DC5s and it puts out way better numbers that the JRSC...Kris, remember Edwin's blue DC5 at Dyno Day at Weapon R some years ago?

i remember when i asked this question about using a comptech charger over a jacksonRacing one. i got flamed so bad and my thread was closed :( good luck to the op if you do get it. i wouldn't go that route when there's a pleathera of information on how to get the best bang for your buck with the JRSC product

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    yeah, it doesn't fit...you have to customize it...So far, I don't know anyone with a EP3 that has a comptech S/C...The only ones I know are DC5s and it puts out way better numbers that the JRSC...Kris, remember Edwin's blue DC5 at Dyno Day at Weapon R some years ago?
    I remember his car at Blacktrax i was there when he was getting tuned. I know Blacktrax's dyno read really low he put i think 299 to the wheels but i dont remmeber the tq

The Comptech unit fits, but requires trimming of the headlight support unless you run a 3.2 or smaller pulley.

I have an extra Ep3 JRSC Street kit. Complete with power card. LMK if you are interested.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by T_Virus View Post
    Kris, remember Edwin's blue DC5 at Dyno Day at Weapon R some years ago?
    hell yeah that car was a beast!

seriously what is it whatisthis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chiwhitesi View Post
    i though that comptech uses the same charger as JR. so the extra $ is pointless
    it's not the same charger. it's the same displacement but that's about it. comptech's choice of charger is more efficient than jr's. jackson uses an eaton m62, where comptech uses the magnuson mp62 it's a hotrodded version of the eaton blower.

Jackson also "hotrodded" the blower on his kit. He dubs it the JR62. IMO their performance is almost identical. You get a much more pronounced difference when you start changing the inlet manifolds vs. the blowers themselves.
    Your most reliable source for K24 swap help and warrantied/papered K24 longblocks. Serving the K-community since 2004.

The Evolution:
    2003 Ep3 - K24A1/K20Z3 Hybrid - currently under the knife
    2001 S2000 - Stock and loving it
    1987 Buick T-Type WE4 - The BEAST

if ca didnt have all these laws.. i would have had a motor swap by now..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information