Close

Hi future ep3 buyer and noob

well hello all i grew up in a Honda family my older cousin always around fixing his Honda now i have a 92 Honda accord ( cb7 coupe)but im looking to buy something newer i was going to get another accord but saw my friend ep3 and just fell in love with the car. I have a budget of around 6,000 to 7,000 and i live in north jersey ( bergen county) and at the end of the moth i will start searching for a car rite now i just want to know what would i be able to get..... i know i don't have a lot of cash but i don't want something with a lot of miles ( 85k -110k maybe )ether u think that i will find it ? im not that picky ether i just want something clean that it wont give me any problems .... can u guys help me out with my search let me know im looking forward on buying an ep3 this will be my second car and when buying a ep3 what things should i look for ( what goes wrong usually on the car etc )??? what things should i avoid ?

a nice EP can be had for your budget. look for 2nd or 3rd grind. Clutch pedal squeak (clutch master cylinder squeak) cheap to replace and can upgrade to a em2 cmc. Steering rack squeak.
    Last edited by mik2; 10-12-2008 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    a nice EP can be had for your budget. look for 2nd or 3rd grind. Clutch pedal squeak (clutch master cylinder squeak) cheap to replace and can upgrade to a em2 cmc. Steering rack squeak.
    well i been looking at some listings and i prob want to go with a bone stock ep3 and work my way up to it here is a listing that i been looking to http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

My only thought is that you're on the right track looking for an un-modded one. There have been a couple of threads about guys buying modded EPs, and the ridiculous stuff that some people will do to a car will absolutely horrify you LOL!

I don't know enough about the market to tell you how good the price on your listing is, but I do know that the NHBP (Nighthawk Black Pearl) is sexxy as hell!

EDIT:
    Oh yeah, welcome to the site!
    Last edited by BeaterEP; 06-14-2010 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Oh yeah!

welcome to epcrack

you willing to fly out to cali and drive one back? there's one in he classified's for $7900. it's is owned by a fellow forum member. it's essentially stock minus the jdm front/rear bumpers and a nice set of rims. here's the link

a few months ago, i flew out to New Mexico to pick up my EP. it was a hell of a drive, but i was priced right. PLUS it was almost rust free.
    Green Crew #7

Please donate and support EPHatch.com: Greenie Status, License Plate Frames, Banner & Small 'ephatch.com' Decals

Was your WTS/WTT/WTB closed? Please read the following: link 1 & link 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ramx View Post
    well i been looking at some listings and i prob want to go with a bone stock ep3 and work my way up to it here is a listing that i been looking to http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
    That one's awfully clean. You can get one for that price, I just sold mine yesterday for $6300 and 96k miles, and only mod was an RSX type s header, cat, and midpipe.

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/1742942193.html

Thread Information