Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Quest...

Thumbs up The Quest...

...for a JRSC K20A3 that can run with the big boys. I made 241.3 on the 3.8 pulley with no meth on a 2.36" exhaust. Sooo now.. i will have the 3.7 pulley on a Snow Stage 2 meth kit running boost juice with a 3" exhaust. i should be able to crack the 250 mark, if not higher. By the time i am ready for a re-tune, it will be lateee summer so the weather will be cool and the numbers will go up lightly, but my personal hope's are 255whp. Let's hear some thoughts or recommendations, one other thing i would like to do is maxbore the TB and inlet casting.

twinscrew a3

that'd be insane, but i doubt that would fit between the core support lol

do some stage 2 or 3 boost cams, hell i have stage 3 na cams and im making 200hp so you will definatley see a large improvement from that

i dont really want to dabble around under the valve cover, no bolts have ever been touched in my engine and thats the way i want it to stay.. for now anyway.

i can see that but they will give you the power you want

Mine squeaks all the time. I have now almost given up on it, trying to get used to the squeals. I went for this micro v belts because they seem to boast that they out perform every thing else. They are not supposed to get loosened right? Especially since they are truncated and short? Not working for me, definitely not. I had the v ribbed belt before and I had no issues with it. I might just switch back to it. What say folks?
    Last edited by mkp; 10-30-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Just let me know once you get everything done so you can start gunning for the 13.4 1/4 mile ET!

200hp on an a3?

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyjew View Post
    Just let me know once you get everything done so you can start gunning for the 13.4 1/4 mile ET!
    oh youll know sir! i'm actually looking to smash that slip (no offense obviously) im gunning for a 12.99. thats my personal goal. i think with 225/50 hoosier's and about 265hp its pretty possible :)

Think on re11's it would be possible for 13.2 at 290whp debating on dropping coin for slicks. I have never been drag racing so debating just trying first on street tires.

Do you still have full interior?

Another thing you can do is E85. I was talking to the shop that tunes my car and they suggested e85, we tried it and i went from I believe right around 250ish to 278hp right around there, ill post my before and after dyno graphs for you. I would recommend a larger fuel pump, and possibly getting larger injectors depending on what size your running. I'm Using the walbro 255 it was like 100$ on corsport and 650cc injectors. (Just know the gas mileage sucks. )

Another thought would be cams? I hear talk of promising gains, not a hard mod to install ether. Just remember to get the timing chain tensioner.

before e85 (251.7hp)

after e85 (276.1hp)
    Last edited by Jharobikesr2; 10-29-2010 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharobikesr2 View Post
    Do you still have full interior?

Another thing you can do is E85. I was talking to the shop that tunes my car and they suggested e85, we tried it and i went from I believe right around 250ish to 278hp right around there, ill post my before and after dyno graphs for you. I would recommend a larger fuel pump, and possibly getting larger injectors depending on what size your running. I'm Using the walbro 255 it was like 100$ on corsport and 650cc injectors. (Just know the gas mileage sucks. )

Another thought would be cams? I hear talk of promising gains, not a hard mod to install ether. Just remember to get the timing chain tensioner.

before e85 (251.7hp)

after e85 (276.1hp)
    yeaaa im full interior for now, but when the car is down for the winter im removing the rear interior and covering the floor in black carpet so it looks good. and i considered running e85 and water injection, but e85 is kinda scarce by me, if it was at almost every fill station i'd already be on it

Yeah, that's an important thought. e85 burns so much faster i only average 200-230 miles per tank if i drive nice, and maybe 150miles a tank when i push it.

Quote Originally Posted by dkid15 View Post
    twinscrew a3
    Waste of a good blower, haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information