Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Quest...

04EP3Hatch,

I'm gunning along the same lines as you..

Old Mods:

EP3 Specific JRSC
    K-pro
    3.8 Pulley (Making 8.5psi and drops after 7k)
    RC 440s
    Jmercado Modified OEM Auto Tensioner
    AEM CAI (EP3 Specific - 2.5" Diameter)
    JRRH
    Tanabe Exhuast

No cat (Exhaust is 2.3' all the way back)
    New 62" belt with Jmercado modded Auto Tensioner
    NGK 7 Iridium Plugs
    CC Stg 4 Clutch/Lightweight Flywheel
    ESMM Inserts

New Setup:

EP3 Specific JRSC
    K-pro
    440cc Injectors
    Jmercado Modified OEM Auto Tensioner
    3.7/3.8 Pulley (Original owner said it was a 3.7 - since it has gotten colder the car is running over 9psi now)
    Snow Performance Meth Kit (Check valve setup done, AIS Nozzles/Hardware, Wired in the Kpro)
    Crower Stage 2 Cams
    KRRH/CRSX-RH
    Custom 3" Exhuast
    Injen 3" CAI (RSX Specific - Injen SP1576)
    Innovative 60A Motor Mounts
    Hybrid Racing Shift Cable Bushings
    MTEC Shift Lever Springs

CC Stg 4 w/ Lightweight Flywheel
    62" Gatorback belt
    NGK 7 Iridium Plugs

Old parts will be FS soon

I'm considering pulling the TB and JRSC Inlet off and have them ported/matched (Maxbore TB and then custom on the inlet). I'd like to break the A3 JRSC record hence the reason I'm still running this motor

After I get this setup going well I'll be moving to a K24A1 and moving my mods over as well. The first after cooled EP3? Prob not but I'll joining the crew either way unless I choose to save myself the cash and go turbo instead. Just hard to leave the JRSC and its lack of maintenance vs turbo.

I have a 2 new sets of the NGK Iridum 7/8 heat range. Opinions on running the 8 heat range?

I dyno on November 20th, if I dont break 260whp I will burn this car to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharobikesr2 View Post
    Yeah, that's an important thought. e85 burns so much faster i only average 200-230 miles per tank if i drive nice, and maybe 150miles a tank when i push it.
    Must be nice to have E85 around you all the time.. nothing another nozzle can't deal with though. Your gains aren't a surprise, it's like running plain 93 octane with a large nozzle for meth injection. Prob not a good comparison but you should get the idea. I will be running 70% methanol for now to try and cool the charger itself down. I'd rather run N20 for the job but I'll pass on seeing pistons/rods punching a hole in the block...........

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    oh youll know sir! i'm actually looking to smash that slip (no offense obviously) im gunning for a 12.99. thats my personal goal. i think with 225/50 hoosier's and about 265hp its pretty possible :)
    Haha! I am looking forward to it. 12.99 is definitely attainable, especially on slicks. I figured I would have been able to squeeze out a 13.2 on slicks if I were able to grab a 1.8 60ft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuck Civic View Post
    Think on re11's it would be possible for 13.2 at 290whp debating on dropping coin for slicks. I have never been drag racing so debating just trying first on street tires.
    I have a set of 15" Rota Slipstreams with BF Goodrich Drag radials for sale that are already mounted and great for the track. I dropped over .5 by switching from street tires to street legal drag radials.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information