Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

USDM Fitment Spoiler? Looks like JDM fitment. Need opinions.

I ordered the fiberglass USDM fitment Type R spoiler from Showstoppers last week, but when I dry fit it, there was a significant gap between the hatch glass and the spoiler. It seems as though the wing is in fact a JDM fitment piece with mounting points that must be ground off. Showstoppers maintains that they have not had issues with the piece, and have not responded to my requests for a return and refund, so I'd just like some opinions to see if I'm not crazy about this being a JDM fitment spoiler. Here's some pictures:

I'd rather not have to modify the spoiler since I have no experience modifying fiberglass, and I bought the spoiler from Showstoppers specifically because their item description claims that it's a USDM fitment piece that "bolts directly to your car replacing the factory spoiler" (see this link). If it's not a USDM fitment piece that needs to be modified, I don't want the spoiler at all, and would like to return it.
    Last edited by eccramer; 06-05-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Edited massive pictures.

Good luck getting any type of refund or return on it. Should have purchased the HFP wing, its the same thing but it actually fits.

Yeah it fits, but the HFP wing is fucking expensive for NHBP. I figured it would fit since the item description on showstoppers says twice that it's USDM fitment. I mean, this isn't a minor imperfection due to fiberglass production processes, it's an issue with the design of the wing and an untrue product description. Forgive me for making the mistake of thinking an item listed as a USDM fitment type R wing would fit a USDM car.

Call your bank or CC company and file a charge-back against Showstoppers. The bank will give you a "provisional credit" for the amount you charged. After the bank reviews the charge-back it will either make the credit permanent or will re-debit the amount. This process could take a few days or a month. Make sure to give the Bank/CC specifics (false product decription, poor customer service) as to why you're filing a charge-back. Then you file a complaint against Showstoppers with the BBB.

Maybe an admin can help.

You need to post this in the Customer Service thread that Showstoppers has..... and in that thread link to this thread for the pics
    Last edited by oneglory; 10-12-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Don't order from spoilerdepot.com either.

I bought my brother a spoilerdepot wing and was TERRIBLE!!!

Fitment was way off, the screw holes were about 1/2 off, it gapped on the top, the finish was terrible, the paint job was terrible, looked like it didn't even have clearcoat on it. Took me more than 3 weeks to get a refund.

BEWARE!

We bought him an OEM Honda HFP wing and it is beautiful. Fits perfect. Looks immaculate. Just the best. Honda OEM FTMFW.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium4500 View Post
    Don't order from spoilerdepot.com either.

I bought my brother a spoilerdepot wing and was TERRIBLE!!!

Fitment was way off, the screw holes were about 1/2 off, it gapped on the top, the finish was terrible, the paint job was terrible, looked like it didn't even have clearcoat on it. Took me more than 3 weeks to get a refund.

BEWARE!

We bought him an OEM Honda HFP wing and it is beautiful. Fits perfect. Looks immaculate. Just the best. Honda OEM FTMFW.
    What he said.

I ordered the OEM Projector headlights from Showstoppers back in 2005. Before I placed my order I called them and asked specifically if they were "plug and play", meaning would all the existing factory connectors work or would changes have to be made. The guy on the phone said they were "plug and play" no changes would have to be made. Well as we all know that's not the case. When I called then concerning this issue the sales guy I spoke to before said, "I don't know what to tell you, I'm busy with something else. I gotta go."

If I hadn't worked at a honda dealership and didn't have easy access to the materials to fix it I would've filed a charge-back and returned the lights. Showstoppers might do good business but when they fail they fail big time.

With the c/f mugen spoiler there is a gap but its only like 2mm and I just put a foam weather strip to keep it from vibrating but holy crap yours aint even close. Good luck!

Used a small square of double sided tape on both sides where the it hits the window. May look into the foam weather strip. Massive gap on that USDM spoiler! Hopefully u get a refund!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    With the c/f mugen spoiler there is a gap but its only like 2mm and I just put a foam weather strip to keep it from vibrating but holy crap yours aint even close. Good luck!
    Pics of your gap...errrr....I.mean.....where you put the foam weather strip. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster3825 View Post
    You need to post this in the Customer Service thread that Showstoppers has..... and in that thread link to this thread for the pics
    Well, I already mailed Chuck on Saturday last week. He emailed me back on Tuesday asking for pictures. When I sent pictures he never replied again. I sent him another email asking if he got the pictures Friday morning. I guess I'll toss it in the customer service thread, but really I don't think Showstoppers is that interested in working with me to get this fixed.

As for the spoilerdepot wing, I had heard that fitment on that wing was spotty at best. I wanted the HFP wing as everyone mentioned, but I thought with all the praise that Showstoppers tends to get on this forum that it was a pretty sure bet that I'd get what I wanted for a bit cheaper. My plan was to wrap the fiberglass spoiler in Neffy (real CF fabric) or 3M DiNoc (fake CF vinyl) until I could get it painted at a later time. I didn't want to get a CF wing, because to deal with a real CF wing properly, you have to clear coat it so that it doesn't fade and get cloudy, which costs as much as just painting the damned thing in the first place. I guess I'll try the credit card charge-back, but I'd really like to settle this amicably. The spoiler is undamaged and rewrapped in the same fashion I recieved it, and I'd really like to return it to showstoppers. I'm not trying to fuck anybody, it's just that this product is not what I ordered, and I really don't want to have to deal with the headache of modifying it. Other than the fact that it's a JDM fitment wing, it seems to be fairly well made. It's not that it's a SHITTY wing, it's just that it's not as it was described.

Also, I'd like to apologize drjd888 for being so harsh in my reply. I'm dealing with some other stuff in real life right now that has nothing to do with the spoiler (partly insomnia as you can see from my 4:30 AM reply) and I shouldn't have been so grumpy. So, sorry dude, don't take it personal.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster3825 View Post
    Added a post here.
    Last edited by eccramer; 06-06-2010 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyduck17 View Post
    Call your bank or CC company and file a charge-back against Showstoppers. The bank will give you a "provisional credit" for the amount you charged. After the bank reviews the charge-back it will either make the credit permanent or will re-debit the amount. This process could take a few days or a month. Make sure to give the Bank/CC specifics (false product hecription, poor customer service) as to why you're filing a charge-back. Then you file a complaint against Showstoppers with the BBB.
    Best feedback posted... this is exactly what id do and what I suggest you do,from what other people posted it appears like showstoppers doesnt care about their customers and doesnt see a problem with lieing to their customers to sell their products.

http://www.bbb.com/
    Last edited by username011; 06-07-2010 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyduck17 View Post
    Pics of your gap...errrr....I.mean.....where you put the foam weather strip. Please.
    It's along the bottom of the wing/top of the rear windshield. It wasn't visible really unless you were looking under the wing (for wahtever reason) but it vibrated alot and sounded like it was going to fly off so I had to 86 that real quick.

Just a little update. Chuck from Showstoppers emailed me on Tuesday saying he never got the pictures and told me to send them to his "direct" email account at aol. I sent them and haven't gotten any reply since. It seems that he's not very interested in being prompt with his replies which is annoying the shit out of me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information