Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

USDM Fitment Spoiler? Looks like JDM fitment. Need opinions.

I ordered the fiberglass USDM fitment Type R spoiler from Showstoppers last week, but when I dry fit it, there was a significant gap between the hatch glass and the spoiler. It seems as though the wing is in fact a JDM fitment piece with mounting points that must be ground off. Showstoppers maintains that they have not had issues with the piece, and have not responded to my requests for a return and refund, so I'd just like some opinions to see if I'm not crazy about this being a JDM fitment spoiler. Here's some pictures:

I'd rather not have to modify the spoiler since I have no experience modifying fiberglass, and I bought the spoiler from Showstoppers specifically because their item description claims that it's a USDM fitment piece that "bolts directly to your car replacing the factory spoiler" (see this link). If it's not a USDM fitment piece that needs to be modified, I don't want the spoiler at all, and would like to return it.
    Last edited by eccramer; 06-05-2010 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Edited massive pictures.

Thread Information