Close

CTR exh = Si exh?

black sheep posted that he got alot of free items from inline4 and tanabe for testing purposes.

he said the exhaust was built for a CTR but fit right up to his si.

correct me if im wrong please. this is just taking a second to absorb through my thick skull. :o

but another guy on this site said the Buddy club was a fitment for the CTR and had to be modified. i dunno whats going on these days....

We share alot in common with the CTR, so fitting an exhaust
    or other mod from a CTR should be fine. Can you think of a better
    mod? Hail black sheep!

how about an RSX-s crankshaft? theirs is fully balanced where ours is counter-balanced.

what would this do other than make the engine quieter and maybe rev quicker? any type of acceleration gain?

what makes you think counter-balanced is not fully balanced?

Fully balanced means you have the same centrifical forces at any speed (meaning that it is static to external power and stable or more consistant)
    counter balanced means that at certain speeds you have
    some balance and fluctuation in centrifical forces through the
    speed range. (really just too small a factor for power gains to occur, really just splitting hairs)

The crankshaft is diff. true, but this is based on piston stroke
    and weight. If you want the type-R then you will need to replace the stock rods and crank.
    Additionally you will get the added compression by doing so.
    I would also add that the head is more of a factor than the crank when comparing to the type-R.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 12-06-2002 at 01:32 AM.

NO the exhaust won't fit.The CTR is like d RSX Type S the cat. sits further back unless it's header to tail.

Say what? The type-R exhaust is fully compatable, where you been? Fully Completely! You only have 2 connections to worry
    about. Header and Cat back. Thats all. PLS explain how one
    would not mate with the other. Even if you have no experience
    this, it is a simple matter of fit not compatability. Don't know what
    you mean by header to tail? explain.

Canuck
    the CTR uses the same cat/header as the RSX-S over here, their cat sits further back downstream from the header/engine, and the connection at the back of the cat is a few inches further back than ours, and it is angled differently. So it is like trying to fit and RSX-S exhaust on our cars , wont be perfect fitment at the flanges, but you could modify it to work but chopping and welding a bit. The CTR uses the same muffler as our car, so from the back of the midpipe to the end of the muffler is the same, just the front section that is diff.

SKIDTRON '02
    JSIR is right....Sport Compact Car did a writeup on the K20A2 into the EP3 and said just that--the cat is further downstream and clocked differently than the stock K20A3 setup. Therefore, a CTR exhaust WILL NOT bolt right up.

ephatch member
    I'm not sure who saw the info. I posted a couple of weeks ago regarding the Buddy Club Exhaust:

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread....y+club+exhaust

According to JDMhondaparts and RSVersion, ALL the JDM Exhaust DO NOT bolt directly on to our cars without modifying the pipe of the cat that bolts up to the midpipe. I called both companies and was told the same, so maybe there is some truth to it.

Canuck
    the only reason I know this is because I was seriously going to try and fit an RSX-S midpipe on my EP when I discovered how small ours was. Looking at the two cars side by side it was apparent that there were slight fitment differences at the cat. connection and slight length difference.

so does it mean the we have to used the CTR exhaust manifold, cat and mid pipe will fit right??

Canuck
    Originally posted by spoon3168
    so does it mean the we have to used the CTR exhaust manifold, cat and mid pipe will fit right??
    yes but that would cost a couple thousand dollars. You could also cut and splice the midpipe if you wanted , that would work too using a reputable exhaust person/shop.

Thread Information