Close

Thread: Constant squeak

Constant squeak

hey quick ??? for all you guys, i have a 61.5" gates micro v belt, and all it does is make the tensioner pulley squeal. WTF?? i even replaced the tensioner pulley too. Im ordering the 62.2 gatorback just to give it a shot, any one have any other ideas?

get a gatorback belt and make sure the belt is tight.

Usually a belt squeal is from the belt being a little too loose. Give the Gatorback a try when you get it and see if it does the same.

wellllllll... it was the belt. gatorback is on, and is SOO quiet OMG lol i thought my gearpack in the blower was low on oil cause it whined, but it was my belt lol

SOOO much quieter, no more squeaks, but i am getting a little slippage, on the tensioner, the little buddy nut (the nut you tighten on long 10mm bolt to hold the tension in place) and the top of the long adjustment bolt, have about 3/8" inch between them, i can tighten it more, but i dont know if i should

big block turbo club superchargedk20's Avatar
    gates belts are loud. Gatorbacks are made to be quieter but ur gona suffer from slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by superchargedk20 View Post
    gates belts are loud. Gatorbacks are made to be quieter but ur gona suffer from slipping.
    yea man that gates one was horribly loud, and idk the way it aligned itself it squealed like hell for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by 04EP3Hatch View Post
    yea man that gates one was horribly loud, and idk the way it aligned itself it squealed like hell for some reason
    mine squealed all the time never bugged me. i hit 9.1 psi everytime so i dealt with the squeal

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    hi buddies.. i'm five lugged now and my clutch seems to now not giving any issues.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    hi buddies.. i'm five lugged now and my clutch seems to now not giving any issues.. lol..
    haha your car was just dieing for 1 more lug nut :)

Quote Originally Posted by gtimportfanatic View Post
    GO hang out with ur daddy today and then come down later and get spanked. Ive been goin 2 weeks strong no issues. So lets get it in before one of our cars decides to break again lol

Mine squeaks all the time. I have now almost given up on it, trying to get used to the squeals. I went for this micro v belts because they seem to boast that they out perform every thing else. They are not supposed to get loosened right? Especially since they are truncated and short? Not working for me, definitely not. I had the v ribbed belt before and I had no issues with it. I might just switch back to it. What say folks?
    Last edited by mkp; 10-30-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mkp View Post
    mine squeaks all the time. I have now almost given up on it, trying to get used to the squeals. I went for this micro v belts because they seem to boast that they out perform every thing else. They are not supposed to get loosened right? Especially since they are truncated and short? Not working for me, definitely not. I had the v ribbed belt before and i had no issues with it. I might just switch back to it. What say folks?
    buy a modified oem auto tensioner. It solved my problem so stop bumping old threads. Plz dawg.

Thread Information