Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The brake duct thread!

im not sure if im posting on the right thread but whatever. Post some photo's of your brake duct!

I want to install some brake duct but ive never seen an ep3 with custom brake duct cooling system on this forum yet. I was thinking to mold a custom brake duct inlet with the fog light cover of the ep3 but not sure if that would look good lmao.

I've not done it to my car yet. I've thought about it though.

Here is the best example I've seen. Grassroots Motorsports 2002 Civic Si

I was trying to figure out how to do something too. I tried using the stock foglight bezels with a velocity stack, but i ran out of room behind the bumper and ran into the condenser. What I was thinking was using air coming up from under the car and then having the hoses instead of hacking up the front bumpers and putting those massive ducts in.

I was thinking one of these on each side on the plastic underbody panel. I've always wanted to add cooling ducts, just havent got around to it yet..

ducts, tubing, fans

the front of the splash shield on the type s/type r brakes have a natural built in duct to them

my plan is to run ducts from my mugen lip to the front of these when i finally get my lip refinished and installed
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

The EP3 honestly doesnt need brake cooling if youre running Type-S or larger brakes. If i were to do them I would definitely run the naca ducts to the lower splash shield. I dont think theres much room behind the bumper to run them from the grill.

ephatch member
    well i got a type r, which has type-s brakes with ferrodo DS2500 pads. 15 minute sessions isent a problem on the track i drive on, (3.5km long 22 corners/bends and 450meter longest straight, i got a top speed of 145km/h) and since i dont have any gauges to keep an eye on oil and water temp i think its best to keep it to 15 minutes at a time.

-It would be intresting to see how hot it gets inside the wheel/around the brakes, and how much a duct with a hose cools things down. buy some cheap outdoor temprature readers and put them in there :D On my type R bumper i would just use the foglight hole i think..

problem with using the factory foglight hole is that theres not enough clearance to get a smooth peice of hose/velocity stack in behind there before you run into the rad support. I'm gonna go out and buy some small diameter brake duct piping from my buddies race shop and see what i can whip up.

ephatch member
    Okay, i havent looked into it, the foflight hole just seemed like easy solution :)

i think using the holes in the mugen lip would work out ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Moments View Post
    I've not done it to my car yet. I've thought about it though.

Here is the best example I've seen. Grassroots Motorsports 2002 Civic Si
    haha, yea i liked the 20/20 rule! but i think those things need a 50/150 rule because they are gonna look like total shit when on the car lol!! i'm glad to hear that its a race car and there for pure function! interesting idea though!

Quote Originally Posted by lbk02si View Post
    haha, yea i liked the 20/20 rule! but i think those things need a 50/150 rule because they are gonna look like total shit when on the car lol!! i'm glad to hear that its a race car and there for pure function! interesting idea though!
    Haha seriously. I mean, comon they could have put forth a little more effort than that...

Quote Originally Posted by SHG_EasyE View Post
    Haha seriously. I mean, comon they could have put forth a little more effort than that...
    yea thats a big 10-4!

im not going to lie i ran a windy back road up in pa last weekend and at the end of a 15 minute session my brakes were red and hot.

have drilled and slotted with ceramic pads.

was running 25 to 70 mph

im thinking about ducts now

Larger rotors will do some good. More surface area = better breaking and faster heat dissipation. I got my 5 lug swap a few days ago but really want that wilwood dynalite kit. 12.19" rotors on and EP3!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information