Close

View Poll Results: Which 4-door sports sedan?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Audi A4

12 18.46%
  • Acura TSX

34 52.31%
  • Lexus IS300

9 13.85%
  • Volvo 60R

3 4.62%
  • Other - Please state!

7 10.77%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Upgrade'

Thanks for the info/suggestions everyone.

Mighty is right though, with my new lifestyle and my son, I am not looking for anyhting crazy or something to cause trouble. I just need a nice DD with 4 doors that is still kinda fun when it's just me in the car. So it doesn't need to be the quickest, certainly no need for an M5 (even as fun as it sounds), but just a decent sports sedan.

As far as price range, I'm looking to stay around the 10-12k or so range. I do love the TSX. It's a Honda so I know more about how it works and that it is reliable. It's luxurious, and an appropriate car that I can keep for years as I get older. It's just very hard to find one in a 5spd especially around the 12k range. I also love the TL, but those are even more expensive. Never-the-less, I have my eyes open for both of these. Overall - (It's a Honda, reliable, great motor, looks good, still fun in 6spd form) Downside is, I know I'd try to mod the shit out of it at some point, knowing I probably shouldn't haha.

I too love german cars, and I've always thought VW/Audi have made good cars. I've known a lot of people with them, and they have had very few problems with them. Not to mention that the 1.8t is a great little motor, and AWD is always a nice plus in the rain/winter weather with a child. I know that in the event of something "major" happening, it might cost a little more for the repair if I can't fix it myself. So for me, the a4, while a bit smaller then the TSX, is still a top choice for me. You can also find these cars for under 10k easy, and that's for the B6 2002-2005 body style. Overall - (Looks great, good motor, pretty reliable, AWD, <10k)

A few people here have said the Lagacy. I don't know much about these cars, but it seems that everyone that has one like it. What years are you talking about when you mention these cars?

Oh, and another car I thought about - A Saab 9-3. It's a little more expensive in the years that I'm looking at it in (2005-2007), but I have personally driven one of these for about a month. It was the 6spd turbo version, and it felt like a solid car and def fun to drive. I just know nothing about Saab, and I don't know if in the long road if it's a reliable car.

Id never buy a Saab, Saab is owned by Americans so it definetly couldnt hold a candle to the reliability of the Japanese and Germans..

Check out the Legacy GT or Spec-B..its a fantastic car and the Spec-B is basically a grown up version of the WRX STi though you still can get the blue suede interior and 6speed with the STI engine and it has a turbo. and its way more affordable than the STi and a much better all around everyday car..and id never get a wrx..id spend all my time trying to make it into an STI.
    Last edited by username011; 06-20-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by username011 View Post
    Id never buy a Saab, Saab is owned by Americans so it definetly couldnt hold a candle to the reliability of the Japanese and Germans..

Check out the Legacy GT or Spec-B..its a fantastic car and the Spec-B is basically a grown up version of the WRX STi though you still can get the blue suede interior and 6speed with the STI engine and it has a turbo. and its way more affordable than the STi and a much better all around everyday car..and id never get a wrx..id spend all my time trying to make it into an STI.
    What years are you talking about with them though? And are they within the 10-12k price range? I def. don't want an STI, or even a WRX (unless its the wagon). I'm looking for something aimed more towards the late-twenty aged drivers, who still enjoy having a spirited car to drive. I'll have to check into the Legacy though.

i chose the tsx but if you put on a evo on the poll i would have picked that one

I dont tihnk he feels the sti/evo category is the image/class he wants. It sounds like you have already made your mind up though even though you have not officially said it, Tsx.

the audi a4 is a great car and with that 1.8t is a great little motor, but doing a timing belt and a water pump on one of those things is a pain. It takes about 7 hours to do it your self and if you want a shop to do it they charge about 1000 bucks. My gf has a 1.8t jetta and not a fun car to work on.

mercedes 2010 e class

Quote Originally Posted by EpThreeD View Post
    I dont tihnk he feels the sti/evo category is the image/class he wants. It sounds like you have already made your mind up though even though you have not officially said it, Tsx.
    Don't get me wrong, those are great cars. However, knowing myself like I do, if I got either of those cars, I'd end up almost overly modding them to an extent due to their more overall raw performance aspect. A TSX/A4/Legacy/IS300 are also great cars with performance at hand, but not to an extent to where I would pursue much more then stock (which is what I'm looking for). I guess what I mean is, it's more tempting to mod and EVO/STI then an A4/TSX etc. I know it sounds a bit odd, but that's what I think.

And I haven't quite figured it out, but I'm know I'm down to either the TSX or really the A4. Maybe it will come down to which one I find at the time, but those are def. my top two as of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    the audi a4 is a great car and with that 1.8t is a great little motor, but doing a timing belt and a water pump on one of those things is a pain. It takes about 7 hours to do it your self and if you want a shop to do it they charge about 1000 bucks. My gf has a 1.8t jetta and not a fun car to work on.
    Yea, I can imagine, just from looking at the bay, that it's not the most pleasing car to work on. I'm sure it would have it's querks, and I'd be behind on the learning curve since it's not a Honda, but it's a car I keep finding myself wanting to own.

No e class for me sadly..unless you're willing to front the downpayment that is ;-) haha

I'll never buy an Audi/VW. I have older friends with expensive models, and random shit seems to break. I'd stick with a cheaper BMW (of course parts will rape you) or good ol' Acura. IMO :)

if its down to the Tsx/A4 then Tsx ftw!

acura tsx

since you're in NC i wouldn't worry about any 4wd capabilities (hence fwd honda)

I'm the only one that voted for the Volvo 60R??? You guys need to check some of Volvos new cars.. lol you can't even compare a TSX or even a A4 to a 60R. I would take the Volvo over anything listed in that poll any day of the week.

-Rob

if its a current tsx, then no, but if its the last generation, then yes
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

i vote tsx... cause its still a honda :)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information