Close

Question Help: Looking for a competent shop for a 6 speed swap. Bay area

Hello all. The title says it all. I'd like to get a 6 speed From a 2002-2004 installed into my ep3... And need a shop willing to do it. Honda refuses and several transmission shops have been telling me it's a bad idea, and thentrying to sell me a 5 speed... it's Irritating because I know it can be done and I feel like these shops are being narrow minded and or lazy...
    I've recently purchased the bcss to deal with the 6th gear, reverse issue... If I brought a 6 speed to Honda or regular shop and told then it was a five... How would they be able to tell the difference before installing?Can anyone help?

seriously what is it whatisthis's Avatar
    if they were to try and bench shift it they may notice. at least if they know what they are doing. try it maybe someone won't notice.

Bay area is pretty general. Where are you at? I can reccomend a few places. Or if you want to save some bucks do it yourself with some help.

Christian

Pleasanton area . And if I were to attempt to do it myself ... I would need a lift .. Which I do not have.

You don't need a lift. For reals. Jack it up drop the subframe with the axles, move it out of the way, put a Jack under the motor and your there. My boy 27rocks did it and he just as skinny as I am.

There's Modacar in Pleasanton. I don't know about them though. When I was going there their mechanic was a doof.
    There's RedZone in freakmont. I hear their ok.
    There's BlackTrax in milpitas, they're really good. Mark and Aki are good.

It's only a days worth of work. I have the tools bit I've been busy or I'd get Rob down here and we could do it.
    Good luck.

Christian

if you honda dealer wont do it.. I would not trust them to do an oil change. They must not know shit about their own products out there. What hondafreak said is pretty easy. I can have my trans dropped in about an hour. But i have done it quite a few times lol

Thread Information