Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360WTQ > tranny

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    What do u Mean? that's 2nd gear in the pic.
    o rly?
    I was going by the service manual and looking at the breakdown for the mainshaft. It's goin to my buddy before i order any parts any way, just to make sure I order all the right shizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1GR8EP3 View Post
    5 years of beating that aint to bad then.... o well time to go base rsx tranny haha.
    another trans would cost as much as it would to fix mine. I'd rather fix mine and know what condition the internals are in lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Civic5lug View Post
    o rly?
    I was going by the service manual and looking at the breakdown for the mainshaft. It's goin to my buddy before i order any parts any way, just to make sure I order all the right shizzy.

another trans would cost as much as it would to fix mine. I'd rather fix mine and know what condition the internals are in lol.
    seriously. i thought whole gear sets from honda were uber expensive?

Thats what I thought... time to do more research haha.....

OP, you do have a point and you could install lsd while your at it, unless you already have it.

Looks like what happened to my friend's Z1 tranny out of his turbo rsx-s. His actually shattered most of the teeth off of 4th and completely smoothed over 2nd gear. Was not a pretty site when we pulled the tranny...lol. Hope you get it fixed in time for the BBQ!

Back from the dead!
    (thread that is)

I ended up replacing :
    -Main shaft
    -Counter Shaft
    -2nd gear & scyncro set
    -3rd
    -4th
    - and the Final drive.

Long story short, I'm installing damaged gears thanks to shitty UPS service (They fucked up 2 sets of gears I've sent to get cryo'd, after the 2nd set I gave up) in the New England area and also a cheap ass vendor that didnt purchase insurance for a very expensive package he shipped back to me.

Now I'm having issues with the scyncro springs not wanting to go into the 1-2nd gear slider on the counter shaft.

Finally got some time to update my thread, almost a year later lmao! Hopefully she'll move again some day.

Registered User gtimportfanatic's Avatar
    good luck man.... my 3rd synchro is shot and im having a friend that works at honda rebuild an a2 trans for me with tsx 6th and SI diff :) .. hope your EP shines again..soon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information