Close

'02/'03-'04/'05 Signals...Yeah, again.

So, recently swapped my '03 OEM headlights for a set of '04/'05 OEMs, just because I like the looks a little better. Picked up the harness from suvlights.com, no problem.
    Turn signals, though, are another issue. (Duh).
    I know this has been covered before, and I've dug through every thread I can find, but can't be sure I'm looking at the right thing.
    I've got the actual sockets that plug in to the turn signal housings, and was thinking of trying out the non-cut conversion from the How-To section:
    LINK: SiR R8TD's Conversion DIY
    But without the pics/some sort of reference, I'm at a bit of a loss. He hasn't been on in a while, and no pics=no clue for me LOL!
    So, figure I might as well just cut the harness and replace the harness-side connectors.
    I'm pretty sure I'm looking at #8 in this photo for the harness-side connection for the turn signal, but like I said I'm not 100%.
    LINK: Electrical Connectors, FR.
    In addition, not sure if I'll need pigtails, or if I can just run the existing harness leads right in to the new harness-side connections.

So, any help with part #, experience, whatever would be greatly appreciated! Let me know what you guys know! Maybe we can get some final, solid answers down and put this one to bed.

Reference:
    LINK: SiR R8TD's DIY
    LINK: 02/03-04/05 Headlight How-To
    LINK: Headlights (04/05)
    LINK: Electrical Connectors, FR. (04/05)

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    SiR8TD's thread is the one i was thinking of, didn't realize his pictures had expired! When I did my TSX retrofit the guy sent me the ENTIRE TSX wiring harness for the lights, so I had all sorts of extra connectors, and I think I got lucky and had everything I needed to hook stuff up. Hopefully he'll respond to your PM, if not I'll start digging through my crap in the garage and trying to make sense of it, but it's 100 degrees down there even at night :( Good luck with it!
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

LOL no need for a heat stroke! Yeah, think I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and buy some connectors, then see if they fit. Hopefully I'll pull the right ones first.

bump!!!

Thread Information