Close

Question iVtec controller?

Anyone know if the companies are making one? i dont think there is one for the celica GTS (vvtli) so i would assume that there is certainly not one for the ivtec. I have heard of some type s owners using the original VAFC and it working. I dont know if it yields any gains but i guess its a start for the pc fine tuning.

JDM TOOL

Question

I heard that Apex-I was making one....but Im not really sure about that...and Im not sure if a I-Vtec controller would work, or even benefit our engines??? I guess that we will have to wait and see!!!

im pretty sure apexi will too. however it will take them awhile to crack the computer codes to allow access.

ephatch member
    There most likey wont b one coming out. If there is it wont give Hp itll make you LOSE HP. those things dont even work on normal si's they lose HP. ther eonly good if u have new cams n cam gears.I found this out from the owner of APEX

neko

Apexi will not (nor any other company for that matter) Make any kind of vtec controller for iVTEC engines. iVTEC does not have a set RPM in which vtec engages. The computer monitors all engine conditions and determines what is the best time to engage vtec.

Having a vtec controller would actually be kind of futile if you ask me.

iVTEC engines could possibly benefit greatly from AFC's tho. I'd look into that.

Then again....someone could make a vtec controller that makes the "I" in iVTEC more agressive, if possible, but a cpu upgrade could probably do the same

MagusDC5
    There was a guy on CRSX who claimed his VAFC worked with his K series engine, and posted pics....ill try to look it up again and see if I can find it.

Thread Information