Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time for new rotors, but which?!

Ok so i replaced my rear brake pads last saturday, and now after driving for a while, I've come to the realization that my rotors are more than likely warped... So instead of getting them cut, I think i'll probably just replace them. I was looking at the stoptech slotted ones. I don't want a big brake kit, just a direct replacement that is a little bit of an upgrade to stock.
    Also I'm planning on replacing the front ones too in the near future, was looking at the DBA 4000 Series Slotted for the fronts. Looks like they are a direct replacement, but not 100% sure, saw them on corsport.com. So any suggestions would help. Mainly need the rears first. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Do you track the car or do auto-x or anything? If it's just street driven then blanks will be fine. I'm using Brembo blanks right now, no complaints so far but it's only been 1 day haha

I don't track the car, it's a daily driver/want some extra goodies car lol. I just want a good replacement with a little bit of an upgrade from stock. It's gonna look a little funny if i get slotted rears before i get the slotted fronts hah. But oh well, i need the rears asap. Also don't wanna spend too much obviously.

I'd probably go with the Brembo blanks. I'm looking to get them sometime soon as well. I don't need slotted rotors because the last time I Auto-X was at least 2 years ago.

I replaced all four pads and the front rotors all at the same time. For the rotors I went with EBC slotted and dimpled. They're a bit noisier than blanks. For a daily driver, they pretty much perform the same.

After a couple of months I noticed that my rear rotors (which I didn't replace) appear to be warped. Given that I've put probably 6k-8k on the pads, I'm now replacing the rear rotors and opted to replace the pads again since they've likely worn unevenly as well. I think if I had the choice to do it all over again, I'd go with EBC slotted.

I'd seriously suggest just waiting and saving (if possible) and doing all four wheels at once.

Centric
    Ed~

i've had brembo blanks on the front for about two years. no complaints

dba.

have them on the Legacy with Hawk HPS.... very nice.

广州本田
    Autozone blanks, rotors are all the same, so why pay more?

Quote Originally Posted by ep_hatcher_510 View Post
    Autozone blanks, rotors are all the same, so why pay more?
    Yep. I just put Autozone blanks with some Hawk HPS and its a night and day difference.

i assume you're a 02-03 by your avy?

if not, why dont you switch to rsx-s rotors?

Sweet. I was also looking to replace my front rotors but I couldn't decide on which. Good thing there are some recommendations in here. Thanks!

Ok so i've come to the decision to just get blanks for the rear. E auto parts by my house doesn't carry brembo blanks anymore, something about a lot of brembo stuff being made in china idk, whatever. So i'm getting the Zimmerman (german brand) blanks $38 each they said. So i'll be replacing them tomorrow once i get that damn phillips impact screwdriver tool... In future i'll get the ebc dba 4000 slotted for the front.

Are there any aftermarket brake pads that DON'T create more brake dust than stock and are not loud and perform better than oe AND last long? Or am I just imagining the perfect pad that doesn't exist? LOL. I know you can't have it all.

dang thats a tall order to fill haha.

well I am using Hawks HPS and they aren't loud and perform well but they do look like they have a bit more brake dust than the OEM pads. Also heard good things about EBC redstuff pads. According to their description they are supposed to have less brake dust and comparable stopping power to OEM.

Quote Originally Posted by powdbyrice View Post
    i assume you're a 02-03 by your avy?

if not, why dont you switch to rsx-s rotors?
    What's the difference with rsx-s rotors? i have a 02. Bigger rotor?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information