Ok this is my repost of my old How To that when down the crash. I thought It was lost but I found it in my Netbook. Just to let you all know code P1298 never reappeared after and I scan my car once a week.

I had engine code P1298 on for awhile. This code stand for :
P1298 (20) Electrical Load Detector(ELD) Circuit Hiqh voltage
wich mean that your ELD went wrong and needs to be replaced. If anyone want to schime on this and tell us what exactly it does and why it goes bad feel free to do so, I’ll add your comment to my How To.

Tools needed : Philips screw driver… that’s it
Aprox. Time : 20 mins

ELD Part number : 38255-S5A-003 (thanks to Mugen_TaffyEP)
ELD Cost : Between 29,99$ and 39,99$ I guess. Got mine for 35$
Where to Buy : Honda Dealer
Notes : This ELD could be listed under CRV but I garrantee you it works!

This is actually what the ELD looks like. Bigger than I thought it was!

1st Step :
Open your fuse box and with your screw driver unscrew the 4 screws of the 80A Battery fuse and the 50A AR fuse. Remove both the screws and fuses and put them somwhere you won’t lose them.

2nd Step :
To access the ELD plug you must slide down the down cover of the fuse box. To do so just pull it down gently and nicely and it will eventually come down.

This is what the cover looks like.

Once you have it out. Go under the fuse box with your hand and pull the plug out by holding the little « clamp » on it and pull up the ELD with your other hand.

3rd Step :
Now that you go the ELD removed, you must reassemble everything back together in reverse order.
Put the new ELD in
Insert the plug in
Put back the undercover
Put back the 80A and 50A fuse and screw them.
Reset your ECU/Code by unplugging the 15A ECU fuse for 1 to 10 minutes then put it back in and start your car and do the Idle Relearn process.

So as you can see it’s pretty simple and shouldn’t take you more than 20 minutes.
Have Fun!