Close

Help Help Help DEPO headlights with HID's

OK im probably going to get blistered for this but i swear i have looked and looked and i have found some answers but they are all different......how can i put hids with out using tsx projectors i could care less if i blind people just want hid's........i have an 2004 ep so help me please is there some one who has the proper answer......

GDM Lights Installed Draw7Seven's Avatar
    Get XenithXenons, our site vendor, to throw you together a set of HID's to work with Depo Projectors, which use the same high beams as your current lights but use H1 low beams. Therefore, you'll need an HID bulb for H1 replacement. This setup won't blind people, since the Depo projector uses a cheap cutoff and housing. It'll just have an ugly cutoff and the flare of a halogen projector. The Depo lights, if bought new, will include the conversion wires to change your sockets to H1--04/05 EP's have it easy compared to what I had to do for HID's.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?168-XenithXenons

Included in box with your (new and complete) Depo Projectors:

Cheap Depo Cutoffs:

I'm so good at Depo threads it makes me sick sometimes.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S
    Quote Originally Posted by hyu View Post
    If I wanted power I would have kept my neon

Quick question, is there any way to replace the depo cutoffs or is there no replacement for these?

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Thug View Post
    Quick question, is there any way to replace the depo cutoffs or is there no replacement for these?
    Some people have used metal foil pieces to attach to the existing cutoff shields in order to modify the flare of their projectors. The TSX retrofit offers a much better cutoff for HID lighting, as they use "horizon" cutoffs rather than "flare" cutoffs. Depos are designed to be halogen projectors.
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

I did the whole modding the depo cut off by adding a longer shield. It works ok but i can still see the flare. Much better cut off then the stock depo's but no where near as sharp as tsx projectors

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty_Mouse_Ep View Post
    I did the whole modding the depo cut off by adding a longer shield. It works ok but i can still see the flare. Much better cut off then the stock depo's but no where near as sharp as tsx projectors
    Do you have any picture of this? I am interested in doing something like this. I have a set of DEPO with HIDs in them and I dont like the cut off that it has. As you know the cutoff looks like this __/ somewhat and i want more of a step pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Draw7Seven View Post
    Some people have used metal foil pieces to attach to the existing cutoff shields in order to modify the flare of their projectors. The TSX retrofit offers a much better cutoff for HID lighting, as they use "horizon" cutoffs rather than "flare" cutoffs. Depos are designed to be halogen projectors.
    I see what you are saying, but is there like an aftermarket cutoff that i can purchase that will have the horizon cutoff? I know doing a retro with TSX would be the best option but I don't have the funds atm to buy them since school is about to start. Thanks for the info though.

Quote Originally Posted by Polish Thug View Post
    I see what you are saying, but is there like an aftermarket cutoff that i can purchase that will have the horizon cutoff? I know doing a retro with TSX would be the best option but I don't have the funds atm to buy them since school is about to start. Thanks for the info though.
    In short, not that I am aware of. Finding an aftermarket replacement to go into what's already an aftermarket pair of headlights would be pretty rare. Let us know if you find anything!
    -Matt-
    2005 MR RSX-S

Do you think the curved cut off could be removed and instead put a straight cut off instead like

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...adlights/page1

Thread Information