Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OMG 800$ !?!? I hope they changed something else like the timing chain or whatever? loll Poor you, should've ask a dealer before just to see how much it would cost then tell them to order the piece(ELD) and I'll isntall it myself :P
    Last edited by MugenReplica; 11-02-2008 at 10:06 AM.

Ya it was shitty, told me that you had to replace the whole fusebox, coulden't just replace the eld relay. it was a my local honda dealer

Über Geek
    Here is the TSB for this issue. You can see in the notes
    NOTE: Previously, if an ELD required replacement, you had to replace the under-hood fuse/relay box. To reduce repair costs, replacement ELDs are now available.
    2009-03-21_211307_ELD_P1298.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 3dkahuna View Post
    Here is the TSB for this issue. You can see in the notes 2009-03-21_211307_ELD_P1298.pdf
    That's some really nice info you found there! The way I replaced it is wayyyy more easier and faster than this guide lol

If I understand the PDF correctly it seems like the ELD that were shipped with our car "might" have a faulty solder. And the replacement part# isn't the same one as the ELD that came with our cars. Good to know!

ephatch member
    Did this DIY the other was sweet. Don't let the stealership try to swindle you out of 500 for a new fusebox. The ELD is the same one from an 03 CRV.

Only problem i had was the "unclipping of the ELD." I just pulled up hard and got it out.

Quote Originally Posted by StockTexasEP3 View Post
    Did this DIY the other was sweet. Don't let the stealership try to swindle you out of 500 for a new fusebox. The ELD is the same one from an 03 CRV.

Only problem i had was the "unclipping of the ELD." I just pulled up hard and got it out.
    And I guess your P1298 went away? It was hard for me describing how to "unclip" the ELD and didn't took picture of the actual clip/fastener.

Glad it helped you!

ephatch member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmage View Post
    And I guess your P1298 went away? It was hard for me describing how to "unclip" the ELD and didn't took picture of the actual clip/fastener.

Glad it helped you!
    Yea that was the only part that was tricky. I couldn't "unclip" from the bottom so just pulled fucking hard and it popped out. Yea I had CEL about my Catalytic converter too and bought one but now that's gone away so now I have a brand new cat in my closet IDK what to do with. I'm gonna need a new battery too I believe. But ya thanks for the DIY! Saved 500 bucks not listening to them thieves at the stealership

YAAAYY!!!

I just rescanned the other day to verify I only had the P1298 code, and was telling my buddy that I didn't want to fork over all the $$$ to get a new fuse box to make that CEL go away.

I'm ordering that ELD on Monday. Hellz yeah.

This is a pretty good information ,

Hi, I replaced it with a new ELD from Honda, but the code keep coming back - p1298.

I reset it with my OBDII, drove around for a bit and it came right back. Tried it twice.

Anything else to try?

Quote Originally Posted by hamproof View Post
    Hi, I replaced it with a new ELD from Honda, but the code keep coming back - p1298.

I reset it with my OBDII, drove around for a bit and it came right back. Tried it twice.

Anything else to try?
    check the voltage going to it. down load the repair manual for it and look up the code it has a step by step on how to diagnose and repair this. Mine also just crapped out and it had a good 5 volts to it so i changed the ELD and its all fixed now. good luck.

Ok. Thanks. I will follow the diagnostic per service manual. Was really hoping swapping out with a new ELD will take care of it.

Happy to report it is no longer throwing a p1298 code. Was going to check the voltage per service manual and as I was taking out the plug at the back of the ELD, I noticed it just came out without even pinching on the clip. So, it turns out I made 2 mistakes. One was I plugged it into the slot rather than the hole opening which is next to it. And I flipped the ELD 180deg around :(

So, the connector never did plug into the ELD. So turning it around 180, now the female part is showing in the hole opening rather than the slot opening. Plug it in, reset the code, drove around for 10mins and code never back. Happy camper now.... though still have to fix a grinding/clicking steering wheel/column. But that's another story.

what does the eld do? i also have those code but dont notice any problem?

Quote Originally Posted by icee753 View Post
    what does the eld do? i also have those code but dont notice any problem?

Bump.. I have the same issue, running kpro - but the car runs fine I think. Part ordered however...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information