Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilmour View Post
    Whoever told your that is (must have been cow)

A well tuned turbo'd EP with a K20a3 would absolutely crush a EP3 CTR on the highway.
    are you serious!? who cares about a highway pull ricer
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

..Nothin wrong with freeway pulls.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    ..Nothin wrong with freeway pulls.. lol.
    except you are street racing and its no real test of a car versus another car...
    Last edited by meklz; 10-26-2008 at 10:58 PM.
    my ep is white...

- We can talk numbers all you want, but the bullshit stops when the flag drops...

Quote Originally Posted by showoff3civic View Post
    take it from someone who has 5 grand under the hood... save your money and do a full out engine build or put it into a high yield IRA and enjoy it at a later point in life. If I could go back I would have just spent the 3 grand on a supercharger for the A3 and called it a day
    what chu got>? and btw whats high yield IRA?? but if i turbo or supercharge wouldnt i have constant problems?

Quote Originally Posted by jdmpendeho View Post
    what chu got>? and btw whats high yield IRA?? but if i turbo or supercharge wouldnt i have constant problems?
    not constant problems, but its more of a headache and the life of the engine is greatly reduced
    my ep is white...

truuee well i made up my mindd ima deff get dc5 type r swap,and dropp my a3 in a teggi. bugg eye or jdm front??? hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post
    except you are street racing and its no real test of a car versus another car...
    In certain cases it's close enough to a real test. Not everyone has access to a track or drag strip, so I dont see a problem with a open interstate as long as you aren't swerving in an out of traffic.

truuee well i made up my mindd ima deff get dc5 type r swap,and dropp my a3 in a teggi. bugg eye or jdm front??? hmmm

i can almost guarantee that you will not be satisfied with the power of any stock NA honda motor. i did a k24a2 swap with full bolt ons thinking it would be fast enough and now i wish i would have just gone boost.

im not going to complain here, people i've spoken to who have this swap really like it...from what i am hearing from you is that you seem to be worried about reliability and it doesnt sound like you are planning on building a motor...which in that case the dc5r swap is the most you can get out of a straight stock swap, and its 80 more hp than the k20a3 and has better gearing, 6 spd, and a factory LSD...frankly people think its a waste of money but for people who want a straight swap that they'll throw i/h/e on, you cant do better...

THOUGH, if you think in the future you might want to dick with the engine or add boost, this swap will not be the right one. plus almost any cam that you add to this engine will more than likely cause you to loose power from what i've been told.

In certain cases it's close enough to a real test. Not everyone has access to a track or drag strip, so I dont see a problem with a open interstate as long as you aren't swerving in an out of traffic.
    its still the street, its much more dangerous, there are other people around, there are more obstacles around that will kill you, whether thats a light post, or a ditch, etc...its negligent

Quote Originally Posted by jri93 View Post
    i can almost guarantee that you will not be satisfied with the power of any stock NA honda motor. i did a k24a2 swap with full bolt ons thinking it would be fast enough and now i wish i would have just gone boost.
    a k24a2 is not a k20a, plus i dont get a strong feeling the OP wants to mess with this thing too much, he mentioned boost but he seems hesitant.
    my ep is white...

Quote Originally Posted by RedSiBaron View Post

its still the street, its much more dangerous, there are other people around, there are more obstacles around that will kill you, whether thats a light post, or a ditch, etc...its negligent
    It doesn't make it any less of "real racing" just cause you're not paying to do it and you're doing it at the moment. From a dig from redlight to 1/4 down the street is almost as legit as any other racing its just how you want or can do it at the time with the same exact risks of getting injured as you would anywhere else if you know the area well.
    I dont want to drive all the way up to Road Atlanta to get stomped out by a flock of mustangs and vettes because Road Atlanta has so many straight aways I wouldn't be able to keep up, and I don't want to go to the Atlanta Motorspeedway to get tangled up with a bunch of 10-11 second cars/trucks (in a 1/4 mile) that are on 1/8th mile track.
    All in all I see nothing wrong with doing it in an area you are familiar with, doing it w/o any one else on the highway and just doing a 60-110 pull or something along those lines. To me thats no more dangerous than doing it anywhere else.

It doesn't make it any less of "real racing" just cause you're not paying to do it and you're doing it at the moment. From a dig from redlight to 1/4 down the street is almost as legit as any other racing its just how you want or can do it at the time with the same exact risks of getting injured as you would anywhere else if you know the area well.
    I dont want to drive all the way up to Road Atlanta to get stomped out by a flock of mustangs and vettes because Road Atlanta has so many straight aways I wouldn't be able to keep up, and I don't want to go to the Atlanta Motorspeedway to get tangled up with a bunch of 10-11 second cars/trucks (in a 1/4 mile) that are on 1/8th mile track.
    All in all I see nothing wrong with doing it in an area you are familiar with, doing it w/o any one else on the highway and just doing a 60-110 pull or something along those lines. To me thats no more dangerous than doing it anywhere else.
    i mean that makes sense, but i still do not condone street racing in any shape or form for any reason or logical explanation...there are a lot more factors on the street than on a track/strip...
    my ep is white...

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    crazy eyes is going crazy

Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    you're next ginger
    my ep is white...

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    bring it on toothpick

Quote Originally Posted by thisisagame24 View Post
    You want some too big boy?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information