Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F'ing Air Vents

F'ing Air Vents

So.. I had the drivers side vent adjustment thing fall off a while back. I lost the external part and the plastic piece that holds into place ended up falling inside. No biggie. Now the passenger side vent in the center is having a similar issue. I still have the plastic adjustment piece, and the inside piece is still there.

How the hell do you put the thing back together? Do I need to just put a small allen wrench head to hold the back while I force the two pieces together?

pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickJamesYu View Post
    pictures?

Not Newbie
    Remove the dash and you should be able to fix it...if not you can buy new vents.

I'm guessing the plastic pins are broken, these connect the 'adjuster' to the fins. But it's possible the pins may have just slipped out of the fin connecting pieces. That'll all make sense once you remove the dash.

Drivers side: 77253-S6E-E01ZB
    Passenger side: 77254-S6E-E01ZB

Yea, when you pull off the center parts off the dash those vents come with it, actually a fairly simple fix.

Well, I'll have to buy at least one vent. (Drivers side, near the door) Do they pop out easily from the front?

Not Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by introvert View Post
    Well, I'll have to buy at least one vent. (Drivers side, near the door) Do they pop out easily from the front?
    Those vents looks like a PITA to remove. The service manual says you have to remove the whole dash to remove those. Hopefully someone else will have an answer...might help me too if I decide to find some 04-05 vents.

same thing happened to my driver side vent. i shoved a letter opener in there and angled my vent to where it's adequate for daily driving and have since left it alone. remove the dash for an air vent? please.

Omg ironicly my passenger center vent looks like that too, any DIY's to remove the center console to access the passenger vent?

while they're at it, do one for the passenger side one closest to the door too. Anyone know the part # for taht?

it really isnt hard to remove the dash as it may look in pictures..

bump.. mine fell off too. luckily i still have that adjusting piece. though the up and down pivot point is very loose and just flops up and down without hold. any way to fix that?

I'm missing 2 as well, roll without,
    HVAC delete's are all the rage.

Didn't realize this was so common, it happened to my passenger side vent too. Still have the adjuster in the glove box, I just always forget about it since it's the passenger side. Fuck em I say lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AKAahlecks View Post
    bump.. mine fell off too. luckily i still have that adjusting piece. though the up and down pivot point is very loose and just flops up and down without hold. any way to fix that?
    Both of my vents (near windows) are loose and flop up and down too. I'll get around to figuring out a fix soon and let you know what I did...
    They've been buggin' me for about a year!

Quote Originally Posted by 02ES1 View Post
    Didn't realize this was so common, it happened to my passenger side vent too. Still have the adjuster in the glove box, I just always forget about it since it's the passenger side. Fuck em I say lol.
    If it's the far-side ven you're talking about, that's a piece of cake.
    Just (carefully) pull the vent out from the aiming-down position- like you're aiming it WAY down, farther than it's supposed to go. It'll come right out that way.

As for the center. It's like everyone's said; take the center of the dash out...
    But the point I wanted to make: With the right tools, I bet the adjuster clip can be found in the port, but I may be wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information