Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: intake manifold

PRC > PRB Find yourself a genuine DC5 Type R manifold and you will see that the difference between that and the RBC is minimal if not negligible. Plus I think not having to cut into your radiator core support while still being able to rock a Hondata intake mani gasket is well worth saving headaches and cash. RBC you need to cut, adapter and custom intake.

I noticed a difference when I went from the PRB to the PRC in the 4.5 to red range, not a huge difference with out a tune though. Club RSX has lots of things in reading that the RRC is a much more practical Mani over the junk2

I really love my Junk2 manifold!

hey guys,I'm thinking about buying a rbc manifold or a manifold type r DC5,I'm looking for extra whp .. which you recommend for a turbo k20a3? I was notice DC5 Type R manifold fit easy without cutting anything..what you think guys?
    Last edited by hondero69; 08-07-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by epdriv3r View Post
    have u hurd anything on the skunk 2 mani. thats what i was lookin at in paticullar..
    I absolutely love mine. Everybody is right though, it's pricey. I'll tell u this though, I felt a lot of difference in my midrange especially, and I haven't been re-tuned after I installed it!

Quote Originally Posted by lbk02si View Post
    I absolutely love mine. Everybody is right though, it's pricey. I'll tell u this though, I felt a lot of difference in my midrange especially, and I haven't been re-tuned after I installed it!
    They are not really gains in the mid-range, just the fact the bottom end is almost non-existent. A similar thing occurs with the tune of a stock A2, the Vtec xover is higher and the feel is of a massive rush of power, when in fact it is simply a lack of power prior to the crossover, this is proven during EVERY dyno tune. And the same EXACT results occur when the RBC is installed on a stock internal A3.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

Quote Originally Posted by talonXracer View Post
    They are not really gains in the mid-range, just the fact the bottom end is almost non-existent. A similar thing occurs with the tune of a stock A2, the Vtec xover is higher and the feel is of a massive rush of power, when in fact it is simply a lack of power prior to the crossover, this is proven during EVERY dyno tune. And the same EXACT results occur when the RBC is installed on a stock internal A3.
    so....its more worth it to install a RBC mani rather than a skunk2 one i guess....i was thinking of installing a skunk2 mani into my k20a..after reading what u guys said...guess i'll install a cheaper RBC one...

Both the RBC and the Junk2 mani will show losses on a stock internal a3. There will be top end gains, but losses everywheres else compared to the PRB/PRC mani's. The engine simply can not utilize the amount of air the RBC/Junk2 can flow, and due to their internal dia, the low speed air flow is very disturbed and inconsistence.
    ALL advice issued with this "Disclaimer"
    Tim "the Toolman" Taylor is my HERO ! ! !

"Labor Unions are Domestic Terrorist orgainizations"

how bout on a k20a? (jdm).. will there be losses too? sorry bro.. appreciate the help

300whp+2140lbs= fun classiccelica's Avatar
    Actually Cat man from the FF squad tested a bunch of intake manifolds on his simple bolt ons k20a engine including the skunk2 manifold. It made like 12+ whp and like 4 ftlb of torque to the wheels more than some others. The rbc made less I believe. I'll have to find the article.

thanks for the info guys i did more researh and i am still kinda undecided still i think ima just keep saving and go for my turbo dreams.. i have my nitrious kit for sale so this see how this works out

golan wants my weena thisisagame24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by classiccelica View Post
    Actually Cat man from the FF squad tested a bunch of intake manifolds on his simple bolt ons k20a engine including the skunk2 manifold. It made like 12+ whp and like 4 ftlb of torque to the wheels more than some others. The rbc made less I believe. I'll have to find the article.
    again... thats a k20a motor... not the a3 like most people here are asking about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information